xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

phpBB backup question

hey, when i had my other hosting service, (which just dumped all their users, FOR THE 2ND TIME!) i had a backup of my message board. it is a phpBB 2.0.10 board, and what i wanted to know is that if i restore the backup on my forum in a different hosting service, will it use the old MySQL values and basically redirect to my new hosting which will not be working, or will it just restore my posts and members, and nothing else

hmmIf you made a backup via the admin panel you should be able to restore :)

so you are saying, when i get my hosting and put my board on this site (of course along with my normal site) i can restore my board to where it was before? it would try to keep my old values and try to redirect me back to my old site?

if you' ve made a proper backup then you won't have any problems at all. everything should be restored..

cool cause what i did was generate a full backup and thats it

when u restore and go into admin->general configuration ,you will see old settings i.e. domain nanme,etc. just change that to new and you are ready.

when u restore and go into admin->general configuration ,you will see old settings i.e. domain nanme,etc. just change that to new and you are ready.

And further more, I think that you should edit Conf-global.php (I really don't exactly know the name of this file in phpbb, but the meaning is like that) and rewrite there lines, connected with the site values (adress, base data etc.)