xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

New Zealand> What do you think of my country??

I've never been there, so I wouldn't really know... but I guess it's the same as most countries? :D

I've never been there, so I wouldn't really know... but I guess it's the same as most countries?  :D

oh nooo, it's not! It's crazefully beautiful! Not that I've ever been there in person, but hey I've watched Xena and LOTR a few times :D

One of my friend was from New Zealand.... He would tell us that they mostly have sheep.. But its a awesom land scape.. You could probably see the Sydney olympics from NZ. Nice country.

wat the hells with aussies callin us sheeps??? There isnt that many sheep in NZ, and believe me i know. Yes LOTR was completely filmed here in NZ. And is far more more attractive compared to Australia havin desert wiht a big rock in the middleof it. I suggest everyone visits.And it was on the amazing race.

I think your country is beautiful because you have both mountains with snow (I like snowboard) and beaches with beautiful women:) (I know something about it;) )--eldeo

ooo ... new zealand .. i've never been to there .. but i can see that nZ is a beautiful place ... and i know that in NZ the number of cows is more than the population <_<heard that there're beautiful mountains , volcanos , and hot spring !

I haven't been to New Zealand, but I have seen pictures of it and it seems to be a really beautiful country. All the mountains and just the nature there seems to be wonderful! I'd like to visit it some day.

T?n? koutou, t?n? koutou, t?n? koutou katoa!

My wife and I are from New Zealand, and we live in Auckland also, death.mage. We both love our country just as much as prodigy seems to. While I'm from West Auckland, I have been to the South Island, and I particularly love Kaikoura. That is a place unlike any other I have seen before. There is this coastal highway that just has to be seen to be believed! On one side of the highway there is a massive mountain range, covered in snow. On the other side of the highway is the ocean, where often whales can be seen, even from the shoreline. It is totally spectacular!

Posted Image

They say that a picture speaks a thousand words, but even this picture doesn't do justice to the beauty of the place! I also love the pebble-strewn riverbeds in the South Island, where the rivers meander lazily through their much wider thoroughfares, snaking their way back and forth across the smooth pebbles that form beaches on one side or the other of the river, and even little islands in the middle where the river splits in two, to join up again further down. Looking down on a river valley like the one below from a high vantage point is just breathtaking.

Posted Image

I think that the South Island is much more beautiful than the North Island. I have not yet been to any of the other popular tourist spots though, like Queenstown or the Milford Sound or the Routeburn or Heaphy tracks, or even a high country station. There is plenty to see and do here, and I still haven't seen it all yet. As the saying goes, "don't leave town till you've seen the country". I plan to see a lot more of my own country before I go overseas. So many foreign tourists are making New Zealand a highly regarded destination. I think I'll follow their example and take a look at what we have here, right in my own back yard!

Posted Image

New Zealand has 3 million people and 60 million sheep

This is a commonly heard statement about New Zealand, frequently in anticipation of yet another sheep joke.

A bit of sheep history ...

The Agricultural Production Survey also tells us that the peak in New Zealand sheep numbers was reached in 1982, with a total of 70.3 million sheep. In the same year, there were 3.18 million people in New Zealand, which works out to 22 sheep per person. Sheep numbers have gradually declined since the mid 1980s, due to factors such as depressed wool prices, droughts in the 1990s, and competition from other land-intensive farming activities (e.g. dairy and forestry). A low of 39.3 million sheep was recorded in 2004. But, sheep numbers have begun to stabilise, and in the most recent years, there has been population growth.
New Zealand Human Population: 4,115,771 (July 2007 est.)

So it's a still a possibility their are more sheep than people.

Source:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/