xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

My Website

Great website! Amazing. And you really want to host it on a free webhost? You even have an own shopping cart. Do you really sell those things?It looks so professional. Go on with it!

your website is ok, but you only have like under 20pages what do you mean 160? And what is your site about though?

The website is a Zoroastrian website. An online community for Zoroastrians and Non-Zoroastrians all around the world. Also a briliant source of Persian History from the begining. You can read more about us at <<URL removed>>

Most of the pages are under the two main categories ZOROASTRIAN and HISTORY. Click on ZOROASTRIAN from the menu and you will see sub-categories on the left side of the screen where you click on for example AVESTA and there you can find the holy book of AVESTA, YASNA which is more than 3500 years old.

Also Under HISTORY you can find more pages that is related to Persian History.

The website is more than 160 pages now and it's still growing.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Request to be removed by author

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

Your opening page with the figure and the text on a black background is very strong but why is there such a great difference between the style of it and the inner pages? The font is different, the figure is not referred to again anywhere, they could be two completely different sites. Also whats up with the leaves and the paintbrush? How do they relate to the content? It looks like its a site for landscape painting supplies. Sorry to be a bit critical but sometimes this happens with sites that have been around a while and get changed bit by bit. The parts sometimes grow apart from each other stylistically. You should do an inventory of all your design elements and compare them to each other. Take a look at where your content is going and get the design to really highlight that. Oh, and one very important thing. The history you are dealing with one of the richest and most influencial image sources in the world. Try to think of some way of showcasing this in backgrounds, headers, sidebars etc. Fill up some directories with them and get scripts that change it up for different times of day and different days of the week. You have a very rich annual calendar of traditional and historic events that could also structure what matching images will be displayed. Take a look at some National Geographic layouts for classic examples of how to relate texts and images.

Nice.... The design is good.It is very good effort to build up your site... slowly. Bits by bits, since 1998.I've tried to make my own webpage too but haven't manage to complete one before.... still very far away from your 260++ pages.javascript:emoticon(':lol:')

Your opening page with the figure and the text on a black background is very strong but why is there such a great difference between the style of it and the inner pages? The font is different, the figure is not referred to again anywhere, they could be two completely different sites. Also whats up with the leaves and the paintbrush? How do they relate to the content? It looks like its a site for landscape painting supplies. Sorry to be a bit critical but sometimes this happens with sites that have been around a while and get changed bit by bit. The parts sometimes grow apart from each other stylistically. You should do an inventory of all your design elements and compare them to each other. Take a look at where your content is going and get the design to really highlight that.  
Oh, and one very important thing. The history you are dealing with one of the richest and most influencial image sources in the world. Try to think of some way of showcasing this in backgrounds, headers, sidebars etc. Fill up some directories with them and get scripts that change it up for different times of day and different days of the week. You have a very rich annual calendar of traditional and historic events that could also structure what matching images will be displayed. Take a look at some National Geographic layouts for classic examples of how to relate texts and images.

Thanks drumbytes,
Excellent professional comment. That's true... I really need to re-design some of the main pictures and logos to make them match with the index page. It's just it would take me some time to upgrade the whole website as I have to change each and every page....

Thanks again,
Mehrdad

Great website! Amazing. And you really want to host it on a free webhost? You even have an own shopping cart. Do you really sell those things?It looks so professional. Go on with it!

Hey.... thanks for the compliment. yeah. I am hosting it free because I am not making any money from my website. It's a non-profit community. Just made it in my spare time to use it in an educational way for others who are interested in knowing more about zoroastrianism and persians.

<<removed info>>

It does look professional because I spend hours and hours working on it. Bit by bit. But totally it's not bad.

I am glad that you liked my work.
Wish you all the best.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Removed by request.

Why the hale does it say computercancer.com in the logo :?:

computercancer was the name of my small business. I owned the domain name for a while. It's a registered name. I did computer networking, programming, design and etc. under the company's name. I created <<removed>> in 1998 when I started my own computer business with a friend of mine. That's why you see the computercancer name everywhere. Check out <<URL removed>>

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
URL removed by request

I am changing the name server on my domain name to use the Free Nuke Hosting Service and My website is not going to be up for a couple of days.

Hi guys,We are back again... the website is up and ready now. Everything works great. :D THANKS FREENUKEHOSTING.COM :wink: Cheers,Mehrdad

I am thinking of adding 3 buttons into my website for the visitors to be able to change the themes by pressing each button. Let say if someone presses button number 1 the whole website turns Green or button 2 change the whole website to Orange and so.Any Idea?