xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

I tried to upload my avatar from my machine, and it gave me a bunch of myswql errors at the top of the page, and as you can see my avatar isn't showing. I also tried linking, but that didn't work. And yes my avatar is under 80x80 and is under 6kbs.skyglow1

There is and has been for a long time, a bug in the system. There is a workaround: Go to your profile and use the Avatar image option:Link to off-site Avatar:Write the full URL. You can have the graphic file in your home directory or any graphic on the web. This seems to be the only way to do it. I think that Admin has blocked access to the location where the "normal" Avatar graphics are uploaded to the server. Linking directly to a graphic file and not saving it on the phpbb system works, because the image is saved somewhere else (like your own home directory). Note that your web statistics (if you link to your home directory) will be effected, because your "external" Avatar picture is hit, everywhere it is shown in the forums.My Avatar that you see to the left, is linked in this way.Regards,Davidw

I got the same problem today when I tried to upload my avatar. Here is the error I got:Warning: copy(./images/avatars/1173339213419d8102a8769.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/cops/public_html/forums/includes/usercp_avatar.php on line 227whatever the code is on line 227 of that file (usercp_avatar.php) is causing that problem. I think it is a permissions issue.Admin: did you set the permissions for images/avatars to 777 ?Thanks