xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Great idea (Post your coments)

OK, i think yous should have an automatic sign up for free/paid plans. This is how you would do that. Their is this forum code downlaod thing that will change your rank by how many posts they have. And what yous could do is make that certain rank, that if you get 50posts for example your name would be good membr(or whatever you want) and make a room with an automatic sign up sheet for the cpanel, thatonly allows that rank member to join. This will help you guys out alot, and also save you some time. The only thing you have to do is check the IP's f the people and make sure they arent creating multiple accounts. Oh yea.. and when i was talking about the rank above, yous would have to creat another rank, and then so on, to whatever i said. Another thing i forgot to say. The code doesnt come with the automatic form thing i will personally have to look for that i know it exists though. If yous wil take this into consideration then i will try to find the code. Yous could try it for a week if yous want to see how it goes. considering yous are ovrwheelmed with requests.-Thanks

I been looking for that auto script I can do the ranks and all but I cant get the script. I can get script for paid hosting auto signup but not for free hosting.if you found one for free hosting please contact me.

Their is this forum code downlaod thing that will change your rank by how many posts they have. And what yous could do is make that certain rank, that if you get 50posts for example

I always have my doubts for this idea, that posts = reward, its bound to create problems unless we have limited members.

skyglow1

no the script before was a form and that form sent out the information to his email so.. it sends itt o his email instead of coming in here.And no i havent found that sript but i will look for it. If i find it i will post it here/pm you.

a system like that is ok but it can cause a lot of problems with idiots just posting loads and loads with no point to their posts just so they can get hosting :) ive seen good sites wrecked because the admin couldnt keep up with all the posts and they had to stop hosting...Of course this can, to a degree, be dealt with by threatening to delete accounts but that wont always work if you have alot of people doing it...So in the end it can end up wasting everybodys time...

a system like that is ok but it can cause a lot of problems with idiots just posting loads and loads with no point to their posts just so they can get hosting  :)  ive seen good sites wrecked because the admin couldnt keep up with all the posts and they had to stop hosting...Of course this can, to a degree, be dealt with by threatening to delete accounts but that wont always work if you have alot of people doing it...So in the end it can end up wasting everybodys time...

Yup, so I suggest we don't take the risk.

skyglow1

sylglow and nebularift, wtf are yous talking about? What do yous mean? I ahve no diea what yous are talking about, how wil it mess up the site? And why do they have to keep track of the posts? All they wil have to do is keep track of the posts, and the way it is now they have to make the accounts and still check the posts, so.. its easier/better for everyone. And then if their inactive on this forum/their website, then they will deleet it.

i mean people posting loads to get to the next rank, so they get hosting/upgrades. This isnt a problem for some sites, but when you get alot of members doing it, you can end up with huge numbers of pointless posts...im not talking about the hosting accounts, that would be fine, but the forums. For example, who wants a site with 200 posts saying "hi" just because someone wants hosting? so im just saying you might have trouble if this builds up...

Ok.. so.. then he will just make a public board or or where his navagational tool bar is then he wil just add the free hosting script with no posts.

It's always a good idea in theory.But people will always try to find an easy way out. No matter what system you have in place, people will act the way they always do. If they don't like to talk, they will post meaningless replies to get the number of posts they need. A system like this wouldn't be bad to try out but has to be developed, which takes time and effort. I think what FNH has already is a good start.

im with the guys saying 'post = reward' is a bad idea. At least, if its as clear cut as 'post 50 and get an account'For instance, ill gladly come on here every couple of weeks and share some scripts ive made, or some well thought out suggestions - but id rather spend time developing my webiste for the betterment of the community than being scared into posting in order to get to a position to do so.There is no way that sharing a script someone has designed should recieve the same 'reward' that a post saying 'hi check out my website' should, and i dont think that that issue can be resolved with a simple post = reward system.Perhaps you could think along the lines of people need to make themselves known in the community - and then some people vote on whether they feel they have actively contributed? - but that immediately caps the number of accounts, or fragments the users into groups. but fundamentally i dont think it is faesible to offer an 'easily available to all system' - as it is now, and expect a tight knit community - to build a community the system would need to be tighter, though i have strong reservations that post = reward is the way to go - i mean, look at this post! its taken me a while to write and think out, im not doing it 'cos it counts for something' - it counts for nothing! - but i do it for the community anyway.Those people that you want to be a part of the community, are surely the people who are willing to write long answers for no reason other than sharing in the community - but its these people who are discriminated against by post = reward - which says 'just write short posts to up your post count' - so maybe you could do a character count and validate it to not repeat the same strings over and over somehow?I dont think there is an easy option - your offering such good features that you'll be inundated with requests, so how do you choose between them?I was part of a community based hosting community a while ago - /login.php?next=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fhome.php%3Fsk%3Dgroup_200622339974771&_fb_noscript=1 - great bunch of guys, but i went on holiday and they cancelled my account cos i was inactive (unfortunately im off again in january for even longer - 7 months! - but hopefully ill still have access to the internet so i dont lose my account with you guys!!). They had a good system, All sign ups needed an active website in english, then the active users voted on it and the admin came and did a quick check counting up the yes / no's.Then they periodically checked users activity, to prevent the scneario that would foolow if you get a permanent accoutn after 200 posts - that a lot of people might not come back?^im weary of promoting that idea because 1) it leads to the forced agenda - i.e. people quickly coming online for 2 minuts a day to write a quick 1 line post and then dissapearing - which anyone can do2) - a slightly more selfish reason; when i am on holiday for 7 months perhaps there will be a few weeks when i wont be able to post here - and say id been really busy and only managed to get online after 5 weeks to spend a good few hours catching up ...but if in the month before id been inactive and lost my account, then it would be too late!p.s. can you detail the script you were talking about at the start please :)

no, no, no i wasnt suggesting psoting idea, i was suggesting to get a free instant access form. Thats all i was saying. I wasnt asking to add a post to host type thing. remember that.

forms are easy though! - so why did whizz say he couldnt find a script?just parse the data from a form into wherever it needs to go for a new account after error checking it all....but then you lose the human touch, and could end up with loads of wasted accounts.....