xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

what do u thing about Mammbo?

Bondings: I don't use mambo, so I can't be sure, but find a file named footer.tpl, or the equivalent, in your theme, open it, and search for that text. When you find it, delete it and any table/cell/row it's in. Or, you could get me the file, and I'd find it for you.EDIT: Ah never mind. Mambo uses a weird templating system. I'm working on it right now.

I've had a play with Mambo and it's definitely very well developed and there are loads of add-on modules and templates to help you get what you are looking for.I'll definitely be using it. :twisted:

It's ok now, I think the problem was Fantastico, but I still get an error message when I go to the general configuration:

"configuration.php is : Unwriteable"

Is this normal? I think I can change it manually, but isn't that quite risky?

I had that problem too and here's what I've done:

I've altered the permissions for the configuration.php file on the "File Manager". Originally it can only be written by the user, you have to change that so that "World" can write it too.

Don't know if it's the best solution, but it works, 100%!

Hope that helps you out! :P

I use to use a CMS that is called e107, it was actually pretty nice except it would load slow on certain computers. Now I just use regular HTML pages that I create in Photoshop 7(Edit in Microsoft Frontpage 2003). I also don't use it because I have no idea how to creat skins for many CMS's, its just hard. They are great for gaming/news sites because of the option to have multiple admins all editing one site without having to have a web editor.