xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Edit the phpbb code

I noticed you add a google banner in the phpbb forum. I use the same forum, and I want to add a link to my site, or something else on the same place. Can you tell me how you did it. I'm not good with php.

Well one thing you cando which i doubt si waht this webhost did was add the google code in their banner code, thats the only way i would know how to do it, but im sure their is a code so.. i mean if you know how to make banners or whatever, or are experienced in it im sure you know how to add the code then. im pretty sure it will work like that.

I noticed you add a google banner in the phpbb forum. I use the same forum, and I want to add a link to my site, or something else on the same place. Can you tell me how you did it. I'm not good with php.

i wont do that, becuase its standard, and aa lots of forums has that, if you remove it, your forum will be deleted and you will never get a forum from there..

i wont do that, becuase its standard, and aa lots of forums has that, if you remove it, your forum will be deleted and you will never get a forum from there..

It doesn't make me sence. From where, phpBB is free.

i think he is thinking about InvisionFree or Proboards, or even that one website that gives you free phpBB hosting, but has ads

i think he is thinking about InvisionFree or Proboards, or even that one website that gives you free phpBB hosting, but has ads

Ive just installed phpbb on my site how do i put my logo in the top right hand corner? (where it has freenukehosting logo on here!)

You could open the folder .../templates/your-template/phpBB_logo.gif (or something what looks like that) and give your own logo the same name and overwright the banner of phpBB. Or change the link in ..templates/your-template/overall_header.tpl into the link where you upload your logo.

Invision 1.3.X is free, but for the new 2.X.X you have to pay, so that's strange.

I dunno how they did it on this site but I do know a very good and easy way to do it.

Make a table the size of your banner and then set your banner as the background image of your table and make the table borders invisible. It will appear as if there is no table and just the banner will be visible as it would have been without the table.

Then, put the HTML code provided by google wherever you want within the table. You are done.

For an example, check out my site by clicking on the banner below. The hourglasses are not just images, they are backgrounds of the table and the points are placed over it as I am asking you to put the Google code.

Otherwise how would I have edited the points!

If you did not understand then I will suggest you to use FrontPage. It will make things easier.

abcd wrote

You could open the folder .../templates/your-template/phpBB_logo.gif (or something what looks like that) and give your own logo the same name and overwright the banner of phpBB. Or change the link in ..templates/your-template/overall_header.tpl into the link where you upload your logo.

This is correct. not only ..templates/your-template/overall_header.tpl but also you can modify ............./overall_footer.tpl

For putting Adsense code, you can place anywhere. Get any PHP EDITOR, phpBB code are easy to understand. I suggest that you copy all the code inside the overall_header.tpl and paste it in dreamweaver or any other editor, try to modify it there. it will be easy. If you have html knowledge, it shouldn't be difficult....

I helped installed phpBB at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/