xisto Community
iGuest

Best free game maker

Guys do you's know of any easy to use, good graphics, 2d, free, game maker? becuase i've wanted to try one out. I know about rpg gamemaker xp, thats it, any other ones?-Thanks.

I suggest doing it the professional way: pure C++ code. :) Sure, it takes a while to learn, but it's more respectable than using Game Maker. Now by saying that, I don't want a bunch of complaints from GM-users. All I'm saying is that GM gets a bad rap for complete noobs producing crappy games, which is very true, although there certainly are great games out there created with GM.Now, back to C++: it's free, fast, respectable, professional, and not as hard as you think. You can get a free compiler here: http://www.bloodshed.net/ . There are plenty of tutorials around, just search for "C++ tutorial" on Google, with or without quotes.

All I'm saying is that GM gets a bad rap for complete noobs producing crappy games, which is very true, although there certainly are great games out there created with GM.

So true.I'm not a complete newbie at GM, but my games aren't perfect yet and mainly all are in beta :cry:
But I'm working on that :) Lol
Hmmmm... GM6 out lately, that will be a lot new to learn with the coming of 3D, I don't think I will get that figured out soon :P

does anyone know of any 3D game maker programs? Ive seen 3D game maker at https://www.thegamecreators.com/ but i was wondering if there are any free good ones

http://www.3dgamestudio.com/ for 3D Game Studio.. I don't think it's free, but there is a demo available and the software itself isn't too pricy after that. I've tried it and it was pretty good. Design is mostly visual, although you'll need do some scripting with it as well. All in all, I think it'd be worth a look. :)

wow you're right this program looks amazing, I might get it... Im the type of person that likes to do alot with storyline, animation and stuff, and not as much programming, which it looks like i wont need to do much of to make a simple game!

gamedev.sf.netits the best game maker on the net I make my games with it, its ultra good ultra flexable. I know one guy who's making an RPG with it, and it kicks butt. You dont need to know scripting for this program. If you want to add scripting for a task then you can with the inbuilt scripter.... its totally flexable and totally awesome. Free documentation free help from users (like me) free help from the guy who made it and more more more!(admin, dont ban me if you think this is an Ad, its not. I just love this program a hell of a lot. ps so do most people who use it.)Check it out, it ROCKS!

Amazing game maker

Best free game maker

Game maker 7.0 is cool. You can make 2d and 3d games. You can make 2d games without any programing.

If you want to make a race game, you will need to make a path and don't set it on abselout.

OH NO NO NO

Best free game maker

Only use Game Maker 7. It's the best game maker in the UNIVERSE.

-reply by Seth