xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Olympics bball! Tall blacks rock!Beat world champs The newzealand bball team is wicked

New Zealand basketball is off the hook!!WE JUST BEAT THE WORLD CHAMPS (SERVIA) 87-90Spain and usa coming up!IM from New Zealand and I know we can beat the usa.Especially with the recent performance against peurto rico lol!

That will be an interesting matchup. I think that the US team is getting better and I wouldn't be surprised that Iverson comes up with a surprising showoff, helped by Tim Duncan to win the game, and the gold medal too. However maybe they deserved to lose for being too over confident and not sending their real super stars.

I dont think the USA team are on form and seriously doubt they will get a gold. I almosr doubt whether they will recieve any type of medal?!

USA's biggest problem is, we sent over a bunch of guys who are used to being the star, and when a whole bunch of stars get together, it becomes a battle for who shines brightest, instead of, let's go win one for our country.Instead of one team, with like 15 guys, it's 15 teams of one guy, trying to play for that next endorsement bonus. Sad, but true.I would honestly prefer they didn't win, and when they got back, had to forfeit their NBA contracts. Nobody plays ball anymore, it's, "I've got my own shoe!", or "Did you see me on the McDonalds commercial yet?". I miss the days when players competed on the floor, but learned to get along off the court. Which made things a lot easier when assembling a Dream Team.Look at Larry Bird, and Magic Johnson. They played for the Celtics/Lakers, when they were the big two. But in '92, they were able to get along fine. And moreover, once the sport became Jordan's he was still aware what was at stake for his country, not his wallet.It burns me up. I'd play that sport professionally for free if I had the chance, and these guys whine about $20 mil a year. Just stupid.

i agree. But I guess this team has regained back the attention and interest that international basketball was lacking in the US. Before it was just about watching the real Dream Teams beat and outscore everyone else. Now is more about competition and real game play. So people are at the expectation of outcomes.

That's true... Even though the US shouldn't even be involved at this point, it's still great to watch other countries go out, and do what they do, THE RIGHT WAY, and do it for their country. It's my fave sport, so I just love to watch. And above all, it doesn't much matter who wins (this time around), just so long as the players remember, it's a game... Which is every country except the US.

Unfortunately New Zealand Tall Blacks are out of the olympics :D But the women bball team is going verywell in as they are in the quarter final :D I hear the USA women bball team is going very well, i havnt herd much bout the men tho since their first loose. Could any trap 17 members give me an update on the USA bball teams?? i am quite interested

FUK! i dont want to talk about it! (im from serbia)i'm sooooooo mad at our players, we couldnt beat fraking China :D but still, our 2 main players missed the olympics...Pedja Stojakovic and Milan Gurovicbtw @punitits not SERVIA, its SERBIA

lol im sorry i wasnt really thinking about spelling. How did these players miss the olympics???Are they injured???Yeh we narrowly lost to china as well.

i dont realy know :D its is kinda mystery...Pedja couldnt make it to training days with the rest of the team...family problems, i think he got a little baby girl...btw he is our best player we EVWE had, also the best 3pt shooter in NBA last year, 2nd this season... :D

Here is the final medal tally for these Olympic Games:[Country -- Gold -- Silver -- Bronze]1. U.S.A. -- 35 -- 39 -- 292. China -- 32 -- 17 -- 143. Russia -- 27 -- 27 -- 384. Australia -- 17 -- 16 -- 165. Japan -- 16 -- 9 -- 126. Germany -- 14 -- 16 -- 187. France -- 11 -- 9 -- 138. Italy -- 10 -- 11 -- 119. Korea -- 9 -- 12 -- 910. Great Britain -- 9 -- 9 -- 12................................24. New Zealand -- 3 -- 2 -- 0

lol thankx although we came 24th we are only a small country of 4million people and i think its a good effort to get 3 gold and 2 silvers!!loooked like usadid great unfortunately china dropped out at the end lol!