xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
madgamer01

Age Of ... Strategy Game Series Talk talk about the Age of series.

Here we can talk about one of my favorite RTS series, the Age of series. The newest entry is Age of Mythology: The Titans. It rocks. The series was my intro into the RTS genre and I love mythology and the history lessons of AoE, its great. Anyone else play this series?? If not, you can pick up AoE and AoK for cheap.

I love strategy kind of games. I used to play age of kings and did a few maps with different stories. Well I never tried aom because I don't like magical stuff. Am just with the real thing.

yer id have to agree...i played aom a few times...just doesnt interest me as its not reality like...if you want to play a cool game its generals; zero hour...and soon the've already started RedAlert 3 :D

I have age of mythology and the titans expansion i also have age of empires II and the conquers. i love them all and still play them time to time i espicelly like age of mythology: the titans i got a crap ranking but lol. :angry:

Ever since I first played AOE I was hooked for life, and after the first version came the best one of all times: Medieval! Is there a better subject for a game? Big castles, swordsfights, archers, all these things just give me a kick! And dont forget about the graphics, at the time these were state of the art, and now they are still fun!Favorite playing type was: Britons (me) against Saracens, Celts and Vikings. That was soo much fun, just to use alot of elite longbowmen :)

My favorite is Age of Mythology,even though ive played Age of Empires for 2 years constantly[and i still suck at it,lol :rolleyes: ].Cant wait for AOE3.!!!!btwRome-Total War-never played it before,read a few reviews,great grades,i can tell it is certainly the best strategy game everWarhammer40k-sameOh and how could i forget Rise of Nations,the best one of all?It is soooooo great and refreshing!

My personal favmourite has to be Age of Empires 2: Age of Kings. Althought i played all of the Age series, i liked this one the most, because of the real like maps it includes it in and the actual world civilizations, unlike the first Age series that came out. And when i get a hold of controlling a mongolian army the game gets interesting lol. However besides the interests, Age of Mythology is pretty good i think, because of all the features added to it, such as the zoom where you can just use the mouse wheel and see up close, just like in war craft games. That's pretty cool I think, and the graphics were more realiztec than any other games of the Age series.

When I first played Age of empires I thought it was the mutts nuts but playing AOE2 soon took that title. A few years later I played Cossacks and then the Art of war expansion.Hands down Cossacks is much better that AOE 1,2 & 3. The size of the armies, the amout of resources, buildings and technologies, there is no way that AOE can compare. the onething that used toannoy me with AOE is the limited resources, when the gold pile was finished you would have to look for another one, when they were all gone that was it. This severely hampered gameplay, more specifically in multiplayer games. Cossacks doesn't have this problem, them longer you can hold onto the mine and the more villagers you can stuff into it the better.The armies can be huge, in Cossacks, with AOE I coud have an army of a few hundred, in Cossacks I have had an army of several thousand. the scree could not hold all the armies in some of the battles. Micro$oft had a good start but CDV did 1 better, several times. <_<

i played all of games in age of series and the best game in my opinion is age of mythology because it is most original(those mythology creatures really add much to playability and so do special powers you get with chosen gods).units are really good balanced and the graphics is good.after not playing for 2 years one of my friends suggested today that we start playing it again and i think we will even if it is for few days only just to bring back the memories.

I loved all of the "Age of..." games. They were so fun, and probably my favourite of the RTS that I have played. Though I have not played many I liked this because the difficulty settings actually made sense. If you put it on easy it was easy, and if you put it on difficult it was difficult. Most games like Warcraft III (at least for me) seemed to be hard no matter what setting you put it on. So I never took much interest in the game and just decided to quit. This game really did have it all too. I loved the different things you could make, advancing in technology, and of course being able to actually build a fortress. I personally used walls a lot to keep the enemy out. It worked very well, and I would build a Wonder sometimes if I was bored. The fighting in the game was also pretty fun. Using priests to convert, and sending in large amounts of foot soldiers to charge into another group. The game seemed pretty balanced out so no one "race" was overpowered, or had any advantage what so ever. The maps were also very easy to adapt to and you didn't need to change your strategy completely because of how the terrain was situated. I also liked making my own maps and setting players, it was a great deal of fun. I do miss this game and I really need to get it back! Thanks for the reminder :D-Jester

When I first played Age of empires I thought it was the mutts nuts but playing AOE2 soon took that title. A few years later I played Cossacks and then the Art of war expansion.
Hands down Cossacks is much better that AOE 1,2 & 3.

The size of the armies, the amout of resources, buildings and technologies, there is no way that AOE can compare. the onething that used toannoy me with AOE is the limited resources, when the gold pile was finished you would have to look for another one, when they were all gone that was it. This severely hampered gameplay, more specifically in multiplayer games. Cossacks doesn't have this problem, them longer you can hold onto the mine and the more villagers you can stuff into it the better.

The armies can be huge, in Cossacks, with AOE I coud have an army of a few hundred, in Cossacks I have had an army of several thousand. the scree could not hold all the armies in some of the battles.

Micro$oft had a good start but CDV did 1 better, several times. :XD:

I have age of empires 3.
it has my approvement time and time again.
While single player may sometimes be repetative and simply boring,
i just love playing online
thats where the real strategy comes in.
It is one of the few games where all choices of "who you are" or in this case, what civilization you follow, are entirely equally matched.
I reccomend the game for anybody that strives for perfection really, cuz once u start you won't want to stop till your.. really good :)

Rome: Total War is without a doubt the best strategy-game.A Turnbased part to chill out and build up forces and a realtime strategy part with awesome graphics to get some thrill and rule the world :P