xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

What internet connection do you have?

drumbytes wrote:
ethernet dsl. how fast is that?

How fast do you want it to be?
The switched ethernet standard these days is 10 Gbits/sec, while your gateway router will give you up to the limit you agreed with your isp, usually up to 2 or 3 Mbits/sec(can theoretically be up to 8 Mbits/sec) :wink:

It's amazing that Bangalore and China provide much faster internet connections than the max you can get at the Washington DC area. :?

Nilsmo wrote:It's amazing that Bangalore and China provide much faster internet connections than the max you can get at the Washington DC area.

I'm from australia, not Washington DC. :wink:
It's not really a surprise. India and China have had a tremendous development inthe it sector over the past few years and tecnological advances seems to take their time to get to Australia. :roll:

26k dialup.  :cry:  I get max 3kb a sec download speed. Hopfully ill be getting 3mbps Comcast cable soon.

HARSH :!: :!: :!: i though 56k was as low as you could get now.
i have shaw lite, its cable internet, accept its restricted to 86k, slightly faster than phoneline, but on 24/7.
the max dl speed i get is 16kb a sec.

Well technicly 56k is the slowest you can get but for somreason my connection speed is only 26k, but i just found out today that i'll be getting 3mbps cable in a few days. :P

I think lots of people still 33.6 k modems. Millions even!whats the difference between a 56k v90 modems ans a 56k v92can you connect the net faster?Im glad i upgraded to broadband. dont think i could ever go back to using dial up! "I`d rather die" and i bet of you lot would be lost without having your broadband/ADSL connections! and have to go back to the 1990`s dial up 8)

Cable is still not popular in India but I managed to get a cable conection.

It is really cheap for me and a speed of 128 KBPS.

It costs about $ 13.33 (US) monthly.

Basically it is Rs. 8,000 / month.

~ removed color : please avoid using one for an entire post... just imagine if everyone picked a color ! ~ Infraid