xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

need a good and simple php-nuke tutorial

hello everybodyi'm new to php-nuke , after installing it on my server i can't understand how the structure of the system works ,i have been looking at some tutorials about php-nuke but some of them were written like i know the system and what they are explainning is like a reminder of some kindcan some one help me to find good and simple php-nuke tutorial.thanx

im ya tutorial:dyou need help chances are i can help you, i have been doing phpnuke for a long time now, and i can do almost anyuthing on phpnuke now,not to hard for me, pm me if you need any help.

yea.. thats my exact problem. That tutorials are written like i know wtf im doing but i dont know. if i knew what they were talking about then i wont ve needing a tutorial. Tutorial written=stupid :) Oh yea.. and sk8er i need help! Lol with everything, how to isntal php-nuke in the fantastico to, after the whole website is done. The only thing i dont need help on is saving the php-nuke file.

Fantastico makes it fairly easy to install PHP-Nuke. I haven't installed PHP-Nuke for a while, but I seem to remember that all you really need is a username and password for yourself, as well as the directory you want to install it into. If you plan on having your whole site on PHP-Nuke, you install it to your root directory, which usually means leave the directory box blank. I believe that's it. Fantastico was designed to make the installation of scripts relatively easy. If you haven't gotten the hang of it, though, don't worry. You'll catch on eventually.

do not use PHP-Nuke, use something like e107 or a better news management program... PHP-Nuke gets sloppy after installing MODs, Addon Modules, etc....

-Fatal-Fatality

Ok and guys if any of yous can explain how to isntal e107 or php-nuke whatever i would appreciate it and also, how to install a theme. I think thats all you need to know how to isntal the e107 thing or where and how to isntal the theme. Thanks...

well for php Nuke installation of themes you have to download the theme you want then upload all of the files for that theme. You will have to go into the themes (which should already exist) folder and create a new folder named with the name of your theme, you then upload neccessary files and folders...Except stuff like readme or other stuff it tells you not to upload. You then go in admin section of site then preferences, then select the theme you just uploaded in the themes drop down menu.I know thats a bit vague....but i had to rush it..sorry.Also, about Nuke getting sloppy: I personally prefer Nuke, and I think it just depends on how well the site is managed...But thats just me :wink:

if you want to install phpnuke manually then follow these steps:1) download the latest phpnuke (phpnuke.org)2) using a ftp client make a directory like nuke on your server3) upload your files to the server on the directory above4) go to cpanel and create a database. assign a user in it5) edit config.php and fill in the database name,the user name etc. (dbserver is localhost)6) upload config.php to the directory /nuke or whatever on server7) to create the tables of phpnuke you have 2ways: a) download nukesql, upload it to the server and run nukesql.php (remember to delete these files afterwards) or :) from phpmyadmin (through cpanel) upload the file nuke.sql 8) you are ready to go!

do not use PHP-Nuke, use something like e107 or a better news management program...  PHP-Nuke gets sloppy after installing MODs, Addon Modules, etc....

Fatal-Fatality,
I totally disagree dude. So long as you watch what you are doing and
make sure that A/ your site doesn't look sloppy and B/ plan ahead for
what you want then there is no reason why it should look so.

I use Nuke & Nuke Platinum. I like them and I personally think they look
heaps better than some of the other sites out there. Am not gonna belittle
anyone's sites, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

parpar26,
I have created a nice and easy tutorial (with screenshots) on setting up
your MySQL and phpMyAdmin for the first time. It is usually available by a
link, but that site is currently undergoing an overhaul due to change of
hosts lol. If you want a copy, just catch me on IM or drop me an email.

you dont have to downliad nuke, just use fantantisco or what is called,u see it to the bottom of the cpanel, there you can easly install phpnuke, just press the button says phpnuke , make a folder, like "phpnuke"It just takes some seconds, if you would upload the whole phpnuke it would take more than 30 mins, trust me I tried ones :D

best4u,You're not installing PHP-Nuke on Windows, you're installing it on your server. Although it is possible to run PHP-Nuke on your OS, but that's not the point of this discussion.