xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

IRC Chat room?

icechat is an irc Client which can connect to any chat room... download icechat and type /joinserv irc.winbots.org #winbots:blink:

Personally I don't like IRC, there?s ALWAYS spamers and spambots hitting them. For F.H.N. I do think a chat room would be cool. maybe phpmychat? Once you customize it can be really nice.

a phpmychat is good buuuuttt. it can easily be hacked into. and do you know where to get a phpmychat for free? i have bein tyring to look, i wouldreally appreciate a link. and i dont think this hsot should have a chat at all. it wouldnt really seem that professional.

yea.. but only like flash hats or whatever would be good, but thsoe cost money, and i ment that i dont think this hositng company would really go good with a live chat support.

a phpmychat is good buuuuttt. it can easily be hacked into. and do you know where to get a phpmychat for free? i have bein tyring to look, i wouldreally appreciate a link. and i dont think this hsot should have a chat at all. it wouldnt really seem that professional.

You, have the ability to auto install it off of cpanel. :blink: Its on the main menu its free.

Do not use phpMyChat, you get no Admin powers either =/... Use IRC or something that gives you powers, even Java Chat would be better lol!

Do not use phpMyChat, you get no Admin powers either =/... Use IRC or something that gives you powers, even Java Chat would be better lol!

If you know how to use php you can easaly enable admin powers. And you can do everything you can do in IRC.

And you can do everything you can do in IRC.

yeah, but:

1) you dont need to know php to use irc

2) you can easily ban ppl from your irc channel

3) you can have as many irc channels as you want/can visit regulerly(regulerly is defined as visiting it at least once in 30 days)

4) if this server goes down, people can still use mirc to get on irc...

5) you don't loose your irc channel/nick if fnh switches servers

6) i dont know how many ppl use php chat... but i thought you would find these stats interesting: "There are 1,177,601 people in 492,320 (IRC) chatrooms right now!"(stats from http://search.mibbit.com/)

7) if there are that many people using irc then it is 'tried and true'

8) you can create irc rebots... i think it is a lil bit harder to create php chat bots...

9) anything else i need to add?!?

Personally I don't like IRC, there?s ALWAYS spamers and spambots hitting them.

ehh lol... on Winbots spammers get killed pretty quick...

lets see,

------ Built in to the Server-------

1) Unreal Spamfilter

------ Automated Bots ------------

2) SecureServ

3) Katelin

------ Active Administrators ------

4) Me

5) cloned

6) Right^Wing

If you know how to use php you can easaly enable admin powers. And you can do everything you can do in IRC.

true, but phpmychat relys on a single mysql db.... and clients refreshing for data...

irc relys on main servers.... that clients establish a connection to... if a mysql db goes down, ircds are completely unaffected.... phpmychat on the other hand, if the mysql db goes down(like it has been lately) it is as useless as this forum when the mysql db is down...

(P.S. better stop here, before my post length gets to codemastr's post length average :))