xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mario

msn - aim - yim

Actually, I don't use MSN, AIM, and YIM in their different forms of instant messaging. I use Trillian instead. Unlike most instant message programs, Trillian has all of them packed into one, now you don't have to go from AIM to MSN buddy lists to say something to a friend, you just use the convenient contact list that Trillian has. Now, I can say hi to people on MSN using the same buddy list as AIM, ICQ, IRC, and Yahoo! IM. Trillian also has more redeeming features, such as their site where you can download over 10 pages of skins to change the look of Trillian to something AIM could never do. Also, they have more smileys in the basic program than there are with ICQ alone. I think that it's better than any single IM program out there. Oh and just so you know I prefer AIM.

I personally prefer MSN messanger, ok so it has some bad points (mainly the ads, and the fact that its a complete rip of Yahoo Messanger) but for some reason it just manages to be competant (ok compared to other Microsoft products) but any way if I used Yahoo messanger I'd have no-one to talk to.

im sticking with yahoo cuz i have been a loyal customer from the beginningdid you ICQ a long time ago, but that since lost its coolness.

I have not tried anything, apart from MSN (well, before that, about 10 years ago, there was ICQ). And I'm satisfied with it, so I'm gonna stick to MSN.But the advantage of ICQ is that you can send offline messages. So you can leave a message for someone who isn't even online. Then when he comes online, he'll get it.

I only really use Msn Messenger and AOL instant messenger nowadays. I do have a yahoo account, but don't use their messenger anymore because I find it somewhat more complicated than any of the other messengers.I use msn much more than aim as I have most of my contacts on msn and I like the winks and the smileys. Aim contains a few more contacts, but generally, I don't like it, i find it basic compared to the new msn messenger.This is my general view.

MSN is the best out of the three if it was second place i would have to go with yahoo becasue they have a better and more intergrated asystem then aim, aim is the junk bottom of the barrel im client..I hate how my entire school uses it why cant they be smart and use MSN?

Personally YIM. It has a lot of awesome smilies, has audibles, cool avatars, many more font colour options, the list goes on. The only thing i don't like is that its kind of bubbly, i prefer the older yim....I have AIM and I have msn. I dislike AIM because people can add you and you not know it, and stalk you... i really don't like that so i never give people my AIM name, and i dont put it on sites...you are very lucky if you get my AIM name. But i like AIM because its small but i prefer the older versions of AIM, i dont update anymore because with each update its just worse and worse. I dislike MSN because its really bulky...but i kind of like it.But my favorite is YIM, but i guess i use AIM the most because more people have it, and msn...people should use YIM more.

Yh i get what you say ive been using msn for only about 2 years and it has satisfied me since.. i get to chat to people and it is at a constant speed and i have never had any problems from it and they keep updating it and that way they get better, more smilies and more options.. its the best

I prefer Aim.I dislike how on MSN you can't send messges if you appear offline.I also dislike the concept of you having to be approved to be someone's friend on both msn and yim. It's not that I'm a stalker, or a fan of being stalked, it's just that I don't necessarily care for making an announcement when I add someone. I like on aim how you can have multiple sns up at once.

MSN is simply rocking ... I have jus downloaded the latest version of MSN messenger .. which is sooo cool .. too good features added .. Yahoo is also not bad .. the only thing bout yahoo is tht it can transfer files too fast .. faster than MSN .. i have no clue bout AIM .. I have even used GTalk .. ( ie Google Messenger ) .. Its simply a messenger .. which has nothing .. used only to chat > rest is hopeless .! A wise man wud never use Gtalk .!On the other contrary MSN is a bit secured than Yahoo =>On Yahooo ... there r a hellll lot of spams ..which is damn irritating.TO Conclude .. < " MSN ROCKzzzZZ " >