xisto Community
ZacN

Fire Fox Bookmarks

Attention Fire Fox Users!!Make sure you save a copy of you Bookmarks to your Hard Drive, because recently the Browser has Randomly been clearing out the Bookmarks folder. This bug should be fixed on the coming New Fire Fox.

Oh that's bad news... i will save the bookmarks to the hard drive as you've said. Why Firefox does allow this thing to happen? Can they not prevent it? lolAnyways, a timely stichting will save the day. Thanks for the information. If this happens I would have lost many sites url which I need to ask all over again to Sir Google.

It's basically not a question about Mozilla or Firefox allowing automated functions like these. That's probably one of the reasons why a bug is called a "bug" in the first place. This software was bound to have holes and I'm sure they're going to fix this soon. It's quite clear that as this software gets popular, more and more people will try to exploit the holes. Mozilla should be aware of this.

As a staunch supporter of Firefox, I did some searching on the Firefox fora after reading this thread. I came up with this thread.

It seems that there's a lot of FUD flying around. Either Firefox creates a new profile (in addition to the old one, which is not deleted), so that it looks like you've lost your bookmarks, or your bookmarks file is actually deleted.

I've never had a problem with Firefox, and I doubt that this is a common issue. Notwithstanding, I'll make my judgements when more information is available.

I'm really glad you mentioned this! It's never happened to me before in Firefox, but you never really know, so I exported all my bookmarks. Firefox hasn't given me any problems at all yet (I bet after I type this, it'll be my luck that I'll have a problem...). Anyway. I hope they can fix that so it won't happen. I have quite a few bookmarks...

*Points to the rep thing.*If your happy about this topic, Rep me!Anyway, just use like a text pad and upload it to a website like photobucket or something.