xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Amezis

I Need Help With A Spyware! Infected my windows folder

well, I got a spyware on my other computer.First, I searched with Ad-Aware, then with Norton Antivirus.Antivirus detected a spyware that Ad-Aware didn't detect, named "Spyware.Marketscore".But it can't repair the file or delete or whatever.And I know that the spyware is installed with another program I installed for some weeks ago, but I have uninstalled the program now. But the spyware is still there.The infected file can be found in %Windows%/system32/osmim.dllCan someone help me?And do you have the file osmim.dll too?I need to know if I can delete the file straight away, or if it's a system file.

If Norton Antivirus cannot repair/delete it, you can try scanning your system in safe mode (press F8 while booting, and select "safe mode" from the boot menu that will appear). Make sure that you have updated all of your antivirus and spyware removal programs before doing any scanning.You can also try to do a scan with Microsoft's beta version of "AntiSpyware"... It discovered a few things that AdAware did not, despite the fact that it's spyware definitions were up to date.BTW: I don't have the "osmim.dll" file in my System32 folder (I am using Windows XP with Service Pack 2).

Hi Amezis,
you might also try "Spybot Search & destroy" program. If it can't delet the bug automatically.. then you might want to post back & tell us which version of Windows you'r using so someone can look for the dll file (ie.

%Windows%/system32/osmim.dll

) you referenced. That way we might be able to tell if it can be "safely" deleted.
Hope this helps,
RGPHNX
PS-post back & let everyone know how the problem was resolved... so others can learn from your experience.

It's service pack 1.BureX, I have already tried to scan in safe mode. Well, I'll try the other programs and I'll post a reply if it's fixed. (or if it isn't)

Hi Amezis,
You just deleted it HOW? re:

Lol I just deleted it - it's gone

What program did you use OR did you delete it manually??Please post back details... so other members can benefit from your experience.
RGPHNX

Amesis, you didn't really specify how you were able to delete it manually. what i do when i can't delete a file, is i go to task manager processes, kill whatever process looks similar to the one i'm trying to kill, and if that doesn't work, next step is to kill all rundll32 processes, and that generally works. once those are dead i can delete it, stop it from booting up again, and then restart. so far it's worked for me.of course if i delete certain ones the NT security autority shuts down the computer automatically, but running the "shutdown -a" trick whacks it back into sanity.