xisto Community
dark

What Are Your 3 Favorite Movies And Why?

-Richie Rich :Dan old movie, but this movie inspired me to be rich, one of many reasons why I want to be rich- Artificial IntelligenceOne of the best science fiction movie I ever watch- Planet of the apesa bit science fiction, it's a good movie :D- All The MatrixI want to be the one :D

-Richie Rich :D

an old movie, but this movie inspired me to be rich, one of many reasons why I want to be rich

- Artificial Intelligence

One of the best science fiction movie I ever watch

- Planet of the apes

a bit science fiction, it's a good movie :D

- All The Matrix

I want to be the one :D

169272[/snapback]

I have seen the Richie Rich about the 30 times. I still have movie on VHS. I think that Maculay Culkin plays in it. That movie is great. Specally the fun with the hids. Monster trucks, 4x4 terrain wehicle, train of death B) And the famous fat explorer with the liquid acid B)

My Favourite 3 Movies and Why is actually quite hard to think of. I know the first two straight off the top of my head.1st - TitanicThis movie is a tragic tale that makes me weep and I love it to death.2nd - Ladder 49Sad, Touching movie that effects me everytime I watch it3rd - Home Alone SeriesThese movies help me to have a good laugh with the gadgets that are used to attack the robbers. It makes me laugh everytime.

Oke, I must first think which movies did I watch most of the times. Here is the list:1. Sin City - I knew before I watched this movie that would be a keeper. As a kid I read lot of comics so this movie is what comics are all about, nonstop sci-fi action, great babes :D , humour and great characters.2. A Bug's Life - A cartoon that have been made byy Pixlar, with great story about bugs, lowered to their level of seeing thing. Amazing minds that have made this movie.3. Twister - Another good one, with lot of action and special effect about tornados.

The Fast and the Furious - Cool cars, nice women, great actors, awesome movieTitanic - Wonderful movie with a great story. Excellent acting, and overall good-feeling movie.Star Wars III - (Revenge of the Sith) - Oh my god! What a kick-@$$ movie! The lightsaber fights were amasing, the stunts were great, and it was a perfect way to end a 6-movie story. Well done to George Lucas. The only thing they needed work on was Padme's and Anakin's lines. They seem a little too enfactuated with each other to make it seem realistic.

Donnie Darko - I love this movie. No idea why. Perhaps because of Jake Gylenhal? Oy! Now I need to go watch it. Seriously though, it's great, with or without the brown haired beauty. Garden State - Again, I do not know why. I fell in love with it 5 minutes in. Practical Magic - Random, but I've loved it ever since it came out. I love both Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman. Also, I love the whole New Englandy feel. -_-

my 3 favourite movies are: 1) Matrix (first one) - i think the idea that we are feeding the machines is interesting and i also like the special effects and the actors 2) As good as it gets - i think is a nic film that show people psicotic problems and prejudices and shows that we should be more interested in beeing happy and making others happy than with our many times insignificant problems and pride 3) exorcist - this is a timeless scary movie

1. Donnie Darko

I could see this movie at least 10 times. Person way above already described it <_<

2. Kill Bill (both)

People above already wrote about it

3. Legally Blonde!

My sister bought it for me as a joke and when I was sick from work, I just watched it. So after watching it 7 times, I guess I have to call it one of my favorites.

Hmmm...I really hate you. Why only three? haha...I'll give it my best shot though...
1) Donnie Darko

Words cannot describe just how freaking cool this movie is. With a mind-boggling plot, magnetic characters, and a unique tendency to draw from just about every single movie genre out there, this flick does nothing short of knock you out. The music is chilling and the ending deeply depressing. You'll be scratching your head for weeks (and probably lose some sleep in the process too!). Overall, highly recommended for just about ANYONE. You will be BLOWN AWAY!

2) Platoon

As a war film, it is continually praised for its gritty realism. As a Vietnam film, it is always mentioned with the classics of its kind. But the thing that makes Platoon so unique is the heart and soul that Oliver Stone, a Vietnam vet himself, poured into the production. As much psychologically twisting as it is action-packed, the film emphasizes the clash between good and evil under alleged unity. Excellent performances across the board (yes, even Charlie Sheen). The music is haunting, and the tone is perpetually harrowing. Belongs in every history addicts DVD collection.

3) Life is Beautiful

This film ultimately accomplishes the impossible: it creates a comedy about the Holocaust. While it seems absurb, Italian slapstick genius Roberto Benigni manages to pull such a task off without offending the masses. A gently love story turned tragedy, it contains a magical essence that touches the heart in all the right places. The screenplay is brilliant, and the score is nothing short of magnificent. This film will stick in your mind for days--it is truly a beautiful piece of cinema.

Honorable Mentions: Requiem for a Dream, Apocalypse Now, Forrest Gump, Rocky

life is Beautyful was realy good.........

Mine would be the following:Batman- I like all of the Batman movies and cartoons because unlike Superman he does not wear tights and has alot of cool gadgets I have always liked watching these series.XXX Triple X- I like this movie but not the second as much because I do not like when they start a series and change who the main character is. I liked this movied because of the action and the characters and how the plot was set.The first Pirates of the Carribean because unlike the second one it didn't bore me and have along stretched out story line and I hate when they do that after the first movie and end it with a third even though I would perfer more of these movies they should all just be the same main characters and more for the next movie but just not the first one its own and two and three a combined one.

Amelie - This is a French movie and I love it because if ever I would write and direct a movie, it would probably be like this (well I can't anymore since this movie was made already <_<). I love the main character and the story is nice and sweet.

Reality Bites - I saw this movie probably years ago and it made me love Winona Ryder. I feel nostalgic watching this movie now and though it made mixed reviews, I love the whole feel of the movie (with references to pop culture, gen-xish and the soundtrack is nice too.

About a boy - I can never get tired of watching this movie. I like the fact that the movie had Hugh Grant, the main character, narrating the story. True to the director's filmmaking style, the movie ends happily leaving you feeling happy also. I loveit!

1. Clerks I think clerks is an awesome movie. I mean, the plot isnt that great, but the movie it self is hilarious. Jay and Silent Bob's first movie.2. Pirates of the Carribbean (Curse of the Black Pearl) The movie is just awesome. Its serious, funny, and Johnny Depp is a hott pirate! What more could you want? And it kind of helps that I just love pirates. I loved pirates way before that movie, and the movie made me love them more.3. Donny Darko I just think this movie is awesome. I cant really even explain it. Just the whole...plot, and that freaky bunny rabbit suit is just...great. I could watch that movie over and over again and not get sick of it.

1. Escape to Witch MountainInspiring, empowering, thought-provoking. Granted, I was 8 when I first fell in love, but it still comes to mind.2. EquilibriumChristian Bale was hot beyond words. Cool concept: a dystopic society in which emotions are banned. Interesting monochromatic design work, too. I wish I had shiny black furniture.3. Million Dollar BabyAnd I agree with whoever listed The Matrix (I). The second and third films were just trite.