xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Forsaken

Current And Upcoming Gas Prices Also discussion on my views of Iraq

Some of you have mentioned that prices in europe are much higher than the US. Just remember that 1 imperial gallon = 0.84 US gallons. This means that an imperial gallon is smaller than a US gallon. In other words, if it is $5/imperial gallon, that is the same as $4.2/US gallon.Finally, the grade of the gasoline is different in europe compared to the US. The price on the sign (in the US) is based on 87 octane I believe (the lowest is 85). While in the UK (I don't know about other european countries), many petrol stations don't have anything lower than 95 octane (some go over 100 ocatane).So, while it is more expensive in Europe, it is NOT that much more when taking into consideration the gallon size difference and the octane.

I hear you no9t9. The prices in Europe are not more in ratio. I think that sometimes we forget that just plain numbers isn't always what they appear to be. We have to realize what they actually mean in terms of product and presentation.

Oh my god, I know exactly what you mean. The gas prices are crazy. I live in Georgia and we probably have the cheapest of everything. Like, our gas would be 50 cents cheaper than that of California or something.

The gas prices seem to enjoy fluctuating :lol: For our car, we always buy the premium kind since that's the best for our car to run on....since the gas prices went above $2.10, my dad switched to regular.....

It's not like it's a horrible thing, but it's a bad thing that we have to downgrade our gas quality just so that we can keep the price at less than 30 dollars for a full tank. It's so obscene..

The whole Iraq thing......I think that we really had no right in jumping into Iraq's affairs and all. It's just bullcrap to know that Bush was vile enough to almost make the US become an imperialist country by 'freeing' Iraq. I personally think that Bush declared this war mainly because of vengence and oil.

The scenario almost reminds me of the whole European countries during the imperialism age when they went throughout the world gathering raw materials that were not found in their own counrties....

We're running out of fossil fuels, so Bush decides to ambush another country and take their reserves? It almost disgusts me. ~_~

Of course, if he did go to war with Iraq just because of the fact that there were rumors that Suddam might've had weapons of mass destructions.....well that's idiotic as well. Just because you think, but you aren't sure, so you choose to infiltrate an entire country, capture their ruler, and mess up their government because of something you're not entirely sure of? It's so annoying to hear this because I sure as hell wouldn't want someone storming into my house because they thought I stole a diamond from the nearby jewelry.

But then, there's the fact that since there 'might' be, it's possible that there were and we could've prevented a huge genocide or geocide or something of the sort, but that's just retarded. >_>

Why would we have any reason to think that Iraq would use their 'weapons of mass destruction' anyways? Because we help Isreal with their needs and we don't them? Probably because Iraq didn't need it :)

I mean, there are tons of twists and confounding things that could alter the decision of Bush, but overall, I think he made a stupid decision attacking Iraq. Our troops were busy looking for some crazy dictator like person, when we should be looking for Osama. But.......I guess 9/11 isn't as important as rumors.

Yea gas prices are pretty high. I mean just the other day, my dad saw that the price of gas at a station was $2.49 a gallon and my dad believed that was cheap! The average price of gas where I live is about $2.79 per gallon....now that's expensive :lol:

One thing I see bypassed in conversations about oil prices and the Iraq War is the matter of the US oil reserves. The US hoardes huge amounts of oil for its military needs and so the nation doesn't just instantly go dry or dependent on other nations. Once in a while the US will open those reserves and give them to stations to drop prices, which is why such fluctuations can occur. My point is, the US could be getting excess oil from Iraq and just storing it, since the military has such absolute control over the country. It also might be politically desirable for them to do this since it would persuade the American public that the war wasn't just for oil. Then after they deem a sufficient enough time to have passed they start selling the oil at a higher profit, and with Iraq's and Afghanistan's troubles that might be less of a market for the oil to come from otherwise.Me, I'm not persuaded one way or the other, I just think these are possibilities to consider that no one ever seems to focus on.

i caan only say one thing about the petrol prices at the moment but if i say that here i will get warned or something so i will leave to your imagination to think of. But it is just crazy how these prices are just shooting up higher and higher. I used to pay less than half the prices for a tank of petrol and that was about 2 or 3 years ago only !!

It's fun to realize what people call as Globalization... I live in Brazil and our country can't produce all gas we really need - gas, you mean gasoline right? =D - however here we have created one thing called "?lcool" which is produced with "cana-de-a??car" which, in here, we have a lot of crops that could sustain its production... It's technology has already being used for a few years now, I guess 10 years. At first, everyone bought car with this technology as it was cheaper but after a while it was not a good thing anymore as when it's cold, it is hard to start the engine as it's not so powerful as gas. Last year, I guess, there was invented one thing called Flex which comes from Flexible, whenever a car can support both gas and ?lcool.However, our governement despite of fixing ?lcool's prices or even belowing it as it's uses started growing again, increased it. Nowadays it's not worthfull anymore to use ?lcool as it's consuption (from consume =D) is higher than gas'.We also use one thing called "g?s" which I suppose you guys also know... It comes from the same place as gasoline itself however it comes from the gas and not from the oil.It just happened as ?lcool. At first it was cheap and after a while its price started to increase. However, the government lows car's taxes when you have the equipment necessary to use this gas. Now, what I can't understand is:If we have a way to make car work cheaper and less poluted why this government is not for it?We could be exporting all of our oil...Plus, we can't use Diesel here... Just trucks and big cars...

For me, I live in the US, and I saw the gas prices skyrocket for a while. A couple years ago, gas prices were $1.89 a gallon reg unleaded. When the war started, prices started rising, as high as $2.50. But the big problem we had here was when hurrican Katrina hit and we saw prices at $3.40. But now that things have been cleaned up from that, we are still haveing effects from the war and our gas prices are still high, anywhere between $2.25 and $2.45. I can't wait till the prices drop... if they ever will.

The truth is that no politician really affects the economy that much at all. People can try to blame Bush for when gas prices go up or the economy's going down or praise him for the opposite, but it's not like he can wave a giant magical wand and change the numbers. Come on. It's supply and demand. The American gas companies need to charge more, because they have to be in harm's way to even ask for oil from countries that dislike the US. Venezuela's coo-coo for Cocoa puffs. Iran, you know the drill. You can't reason with any of them. They'll still hate us. Fanatics will be fanatics.

Gas Prices to Hit $4.80 a Gallon!!!

Current And Upcoming Gas Prices

I just got a call from a friend of mine who infomed me to go and fill my tank, due to Hurricane Ike hitting the Texas coast and all the storage tanks and piplines, that gas is expected to go through the roof...Again, upwards of $4.80 a gallon or more! Be prepaired and fill up now while you can!

-reply by Christopher Doss

I thought the war on terror was handled apropiately by the US Government initially but now there just doesn't seem to be a lot of results. they did capture saddam husien but there haven't been many other really good moments throughout the war on terror. i don't think bush went into iraq for the oil because if he did then the oil price wouldn't be as expensive as it is currently. i think bush should worry a little more about domestic issues but i still (and always have) supported the war on terror but i think it could have been handled better and that more results could have come quicker so the money would pay off and the government would recieve more support as well. at the moment most people just think it is a waste of time and money. i think the governments participating in the war on terror should set some clear goals like capturing Osama bin Ladin for example.