xisto Community
clagnol

Peer Guardian 2 Blocks Trap17 Could you be losing part of your audience?

Just today I installed the most recent version of Peer Guardian, which is a program dedicated to blocking unwanted connections to my computer. It is similar in nature to a firewall, though it primarily relies on lists of IP ranges which it deems to be malicious.Right after I started Peer Guardian, I found that I could not connect to Xisto or my Xisto-hosted site. My Peer Guardian log says this about Trap 17 (69.50.170.197): "ATRIVOTECHNOLOGIES[CWStrojans-wide-SN-Split7], dea". Upon googling "Atrivo Technologies" I found many complaints about malicious activities originating from Atrivo's IP block. And CWS is an Internet Explorer hijacker, from what I can piece together. Some webmasters are blocking Atrivo IPs from accessing their websites and programs that rely on large block lists (e.g. eMule, Peer Guardian) seem to be doing the same.Consequentially, Peer Guardian users (and users of similar services [do similar services exist?]) who have their software set to "block HTTP" are unable to view all Xisto websites. I'm not sure how substantial the Peer Guardian-using demographic is, but still, it's a bummer.My guess is that Atrivo is just doing a poor job of weeding out its service's numerous abusers, so it's just easier for everyone else to ban the entire IP range.Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Well that sucks, to know a bunch of people who don't trust Atrivo aren't going to be able to see my website. I hope not too many people have that Peer Guardian programme, is all I can say... :)

Yeah, I have PeerGuardian2 as well. I simply removed Atrivo from my blocklist. Until the guys at peer guardian find a way around it all, that's the only practical solution.True, there have been some malicious activities 'bout Atrivo Techs, but what's the chance that some guys there are going to hack into my comp?