xisto Community
JaVe

Paypal Scam Spam Warning, beware of emails as such...

Well, I could not post a screenshot because I already deleted the email. I don't own a paypal account but i got an email saying that my account could become permanently inactive if i don't update the details. I was directed to this site (
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/) - Don't enter anything. It looks really professional and secure but it's just a phishing attempt, gmail even warned me. It asked me for my credit card number. Emails like these really piss me off. This is just a warning to those of you. Btw, like microsoft scam emails you only saw the ip adress.

I suggest you report this to spoof@paypal.comThese things are handled very seriously by paypal. :-)

i get a lot of those emails. Personally, I don't see why people would fall for this kind of thing. There are so many signs that point to phishing. They don't just do it for paypal, they do the same thing for ebay, banks, and other things that most people have an account for.It's really simple to see the warning signs. A company will NEVER ask you to submit confidential information through email. And, if you see numbers instead of a web address, it is usually fake. Always type into your browser any address for you bank, paypal etc.

Count yourselves lucky, guys. I would take phishing emails over the Nigerian scam artist that focus on me, any day. These Nigerians aren't even trying anymore. You can tell their hearts aren't in it.

I got some of those emails too. Are you talking about the one where he says he is a poor refugee and any donation will help him? I'm sure tons of people sent money to those scammers at the beginning but once people caught on and started hearing about the scam, it's clear that it will stop working. That's probably why you haven't seen much of it lately.

this is some sort of vietnam scam site, if you go back to the root ip address, you get into some sort of vietname directory.

// dead url //

I got some of those emails too.  Are you talking about the one where he says he is a poor refugee and any donation will help him?  I'm sure tons of people sent money to those scammers at the beginning but once people caught on and started hearing about the scam, it's clear that it will stop working.  That's probably why you haven't seen much of it lately.

70294[/snapback]

I actually haven't heard of that particular scam. The ones I get generally start with the premise that there is a great deal of money from an inheritance that I can claim if I provide my bank account information to the person who sent the email. Often there are religious undertones, e.g. they will type something like "my brother in Christ". It's a pretty lame scam, but apparently it works, because I get tons of these emails.

huh!! me too.. everyday i used to spend quite sometime to delete all those spam emailz.. bec i used to deal on ebay,yahoo quite sometime back in few years ago.. and happened create payal,escrow,etc... one time, i was seriously and nearly get scam by some scammers from euro site.. that day onward i dun exercise any online transition nor buy/sell things already!! that's too bad.. is there any related site which gave all those scam info or discussions?? so that we can learned and get educated to avoid all those... and good & help for e-commerence, IT firm!!

Yup, i reported it to spoof@paypal. I get them in my other emails too and one email even had my password in the title! S*****TTT! Anyway, somebody's wahcting me...these emails do sound convincing though :)

There is also a Trojan Blidner on the site too, when I took a look Norton's picked it up, I hate it when people tarnish the good name of the internet by using it for such evil, deception, and lying... It makes anyone who uses it seem like they could be a criminal.

Pah!! those aye. I just know it when it's not real.. ANYONE could know.! lol. I just put a load of crap into the boxes that are all incorrect.. it doesn't even ask you to redo it like normal if you write a wrong card number it will understand and tell you..

Omg are you serious. I entered my information into that site. But there were no money in my paypal account anyways. so it really dones't matter. Lol. I thought the site was legitiamate. Thanks for making me more aware of things like that.