xisto Community
M6NEN

This will probably make everyone laugh.

I even had to laugh myself when I came to the conclusion which forced me to ask the following question:

Is there some sort of Internet Explorer for antiX Linux (Which is based on Debian)?

I am using Slimjet (a lightweight version of Chromium) at the moment, and I intend continuing to do so, but (before people her think, or effectively begin to ask me if I have gone off my rocker completely), I only need Internet Explorer for a certain purpose which particularly requires that browser.

I do know some versions exist for Wine, but I don't know whether Debian (in particular antiX) and Wine are completely compatible, and I was also unsuccessful in installing a version earlier (although that might have been due to my lack of knowledge and experience with Linux).

The version concerned was ie4linux-1.3.9.tar.gz.

So, if anyone could be of assistance, I'd be very grateful.

Thank you in advance.

Sorry I don't really understand.

Do yo need a web browser for Liunux, or do you really want to use Microsoft Internet Explorer on a Linux machine ?

I would say that the obvious solution would be to dual-boot to a Windows XP on that old system ? Or, if it's from time to time, to boot on a XP Windows PE LiveCD ?

Or do you simply want us to help you installing ie4linux ?

And by the way, are we talking about ie4linux-1.3.9.tar.gz  or ies4linux-1.3.9.tar.gz  ?

OK,

I am surprised that I was so unclear in my question.

I won't bother setting up a dual boot, as I will only need Internet Explorer occasionally on Linux.

So, basically, yes, all I need is a little hand (if that is at all possible) to install that ie4linux (or if there is a better and newer version) on my antiX Linux machine.

As I said, I will definitely stick to using Slimjet on Linux, but for some occasional testing I will need Internet Explorer.

Sorry for the confusion I caused.

Thanks in advance if you can help.