xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
yusri

Change Font Size On Taskbar Buttons

Would you like larger fonts on your taskbar buttons? Maybe you're a little short sighted, or just want to mess about a bit:)Here's how to do it...1. Right click anywhere on your Desktop (not on an icon) and the context menu appears.2. From the context menu, select Properties, and the Display Properties window appears.3. Select the "Appearance" tab by clicking on it once.4. Select the "Active Title Bar" from the "Item:" drop down list.5. Adjust the font size, color, bold, or italics using the selectors to the right of the font box.6. Click Apply to see how things will look, then OK to put the Display Properties dialog box away.Before closing the Display Properties window, you can save your setup as a "scheme". Click the "Save As..." button, and give you new setup a name. Then you can select it from the list you'll see under "Scheme:" next time you want to fiddle around a bit.The Save As button will give you a "Save this color scheme as" window... you may not have a color scheme, but any changes you make will be called such. So they should have named this box "Save scheme as" instead of "Save color scheme as"... but whatever. You get the point?You can fiddle with any of the options in this window to create exactly the appearance you desire. Why limit yourself to the "out of the box" appearance of Windows? Go ahead... customize to your heart's content!

Font on Taskbar buttons

The solution given (change the font size for the Active Title Bar does not work - at least for Windows XP.

It certainly changes the font on the Active Title bar (and the Incactive Title bar, as well as adjusting the font style (but not size) on the Start button. But it does not change the font size or style (e.G. Bold/not bold) on taskbar buttons. I'm still hunting for the solution.

-reply by Les Moore

Trap FeedBacker

Replying to Trap FeedBacker

It didn't work for me until I changed from the XP "style" to the "Windows Classic Style"

I changed it by going to:

Display Properties

Appearance tab

Windows and Buttons drop down box

-reply by random googler

change text size in menu windows 7Change Font Size On Taskbar Buttons

In windows 7 I accidentally changed the text size of menu (File Edit View Tools Help) too large. How can I reduce the size again or restore to default setting? I forgot how I did it. (I'm a newbie)

Also, how can I arrange my folders in Documents according to modified or type? It's always in alphabetical order and there's no way to change to type or modified. The options are there, but when I click on one of them, there's a clicking noise, but nothing happens. My laptop and windows 7 is new. 

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Jan

Trap FeedBacker

<a href=http://forums.xisto.com/topic/9883-change-font-size-on-taskbar-buttons/ to Trap FeedBacker</a>

It didn't work for me until I changed from the XP "style" to the "Windows Classic Style"

I changed it by going to:

Display Properties

Appearance tab

Windows and Buttons drop down box

-reply by random googler

This worked Thanks