xisto Community
Ahsaniqbalkmc

Testing The Mac Os In A Virtual Machine

I have tested many different operating systems without making a hardcore transfer to it. The most important tool for this purpose is vmware. I have used it to test different versions of linux and windows. Most of the times it works great and gives you an almost compete insight into an operating system.Linux is free so you can use it in whatever way you want. You can test it you can change it and you can make your own alterations. So to test a linux, all you have to do is to download an image for the respective website and then use it to create a virtual machine. Instead, if you want a full fledged experience, you can make a dual boot environment on your computer and test it. In this way it would use the complete hardware resources of your computer and give you a complete demo of how the linux distribution would work on your computer. The other advantage of making a dual boot environment is that your older OS would remain on the disk and you won't loose any data.To test windows, you can download the trial version easily available online. You can use this trial version to make a virtual machine and test the OS before buying it. The good thing about the trial versions that Microsoft gives you is that it is not limited in performance but limited in time. So you get to know the overall performance capabilities of the OS. You can also create a dual boot environment in this situation.In contrast to the above two Operating Systems, the MAC Os (according to my knowledge) is not there to be tested on a machine made for windows and linux. To use a MAC os you need to buy the expensive apple hardware. In fact, when you pay for a Apple computer, you are not paying for the hardware alone. You are also paying for the software side of things. And this is one of the reasons why apple products are so expensive.So my question is -- Is there a way to test the apple software (MAC OS) while staying with my windows machine. Or another way to describe my question would be -- Is there a way to test MAC os without first investing in a Apple computer.

Mac Os is the operating system of a Mac computer, to be sold on a Mac computer. So you will have few chances to test it for free on something else than a Mac.If you really want to test it, have a look at mac on a stick. For instance here :

http://www.pendriveapps.com/mac-on-a-stick-portable-macintosh-on-a-usb-stick/

However, you will have to obtain the software package, have a look here ;

http://www.gryphel.com/c/minivmac/start.html

Nevertheless, please remember that Mac people don't think the same way as Microsoft people. So, if you are familiar with Microsoft Windows only, you will have trouble the first time you play with MacOs.

I followed your links and the mac os they have listed is not what I meant. I am looking to feel the taste of a real mac os (for instace Mac Os X Lion) without having to spend the money on buying an apple computer. I am assuming that there might be some way of trying the os on vmware. Is it possible ?? If yes, How ??

I followed your links and the mac os they have listed is not what I meant. I am looking to feel the taste of a real mac os (for instace Mac Os X Lion) without having to spend the money on buying an apple computer. I am assuming that there might be some way of trying the os on vmware. Is it possible ?? If yes, How ??

The mac on a stick trick is a trick for booting from a stick on your PC instead of buying a Mac hardware.

It's probably the only way to do it. As far as I know, Mac is not available on vmware yet.