xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mahesh2k

Smcore Bb Project

I have just read the news that there are some of the developers from the SMF which are branching out of the SMF project and starting a core framework project for BBs and CMS. I think this is a good start and I am sure SMF forum software will be much improved with this core. I don't know if they are going to totally replace old way of forums but it seems this project is going to deliver the core and some of the additional modules to it.

You can read about the smCore on their official developer forum. Some of the nice discussions are there on that forum. I see that they are also thinking about extensions, design and some other coding practices. So it is kinda of start-from-scratch type of project. I am going to keep eye on them because I always wanted to know about the group based projects like these. Something to learn from them is additional benefit.

You can check their official site here. You'll find that they're supposed to start work on the core project from 3rd of this month. I am not sure what other news is out about the project. They have so far only declared about contributors and doc team. Coder of noserub protocol norv is one of the contributor of the smcore.

I think it is good direction for the SMF and some of the forks that are developed from the SMF code. I know that for quite some time SMF had a lot of issues and that is why this branch was developed out of the SMF. In any case, this is a good news and definitely something to look out for. I am sure smCore will bring back old SMF reputation and will relieve many webmaster from searching for a better BB system. :-)