xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ritu

How To Understand Their Policies?

After getting married, we shifted to a new house, everything had to be set up there. As people were aware of the fact, most of them gifted us with household items, those could be used to run the daily activities of the house.One of those, was a water purifier from a very trusted name in the same field, Eureka Forbes. The model was under the name of "Aquasure". The mechanism of the purifier looked simple, there was a candle which would do the work, also there was a sieve kind of thing on the top which ensured double filtration. The guy who came for the demo seemed to be a new one and pretty nervous at explaining the features, but we weren't bothered as the functioning looked simple.Now comes the twist, the tap which seemed to be fine in the beginning, wasn't able to let the water flow freely, it poured almost in drops. The candle got stuck every week, when contacted , their support told them it was due to the dirt that got accumulated and we had to use the the plastic carbon sucker. We tried following their instructions, but all in vain. I tried calling them repeatedly,asking for technical help, to my surprise or you can say shock that they asked me to replace the purifier with an expensive model called "Aquaguard", that would also require paid servicing every three months.So, what is there policy like? they sell a model assuring satisfactory service, and then after a couple of months pressurize you to replace it with another model of their own company. No, transparency, lot of ambiguity in their policies , we were absolutely clueless for we couldn't receive any help from Eureka Forbes. One of my cousins who worked for the same company, was equally clueless about the policies of their own company! How ridiculous is that?We zeroed down on selling the useless device and replacing it with a simple steel filter and it is working fine. The point that I am trying to make is that such an old company like this doesn't have any one to handle customer relations, or to make their policies a little more user friendly? I think that is somewhere these people really need to work on.