xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mahesh2k

My Life Organized - Task Management Software

Earlier in some of the other threads i mentioned about the to-do list and tasks management lists. I was trying to find some good task management softwares. Though there is no perfect one for my needs as of now. I'm just hopping from one task managment app to another. It really is hard to find such for your needs. You can't have all the features in one app. Atleast that is what i have noticed so far. In between i was looking for some serious apps in task management. I found "my life organized" featured in one of the software forums. I then downloaded the free edition of the program. I have no clue abour premium version, so no comments on that part. Let me just give you quickie of what this program is in short. "My life organized" is one good software that lets you add tasks and sort them out as per the place and importance. You can sort tasks based on office, school, home and other places. You can also add custom places if you want. There is also way to add flag to your tasks. This way you can remember as per their imporance. Something like notepad for the writing work etc. It has that feature included in the free version too. This will help those who want to show tasks as per the places. There are alerts and the notifications as well. This software is actually mix of typical to-do list and the other task based management software. I'm not into outlook based to-do or task management, so syncing with outlook never made any sense to me. I do think it is good for those who are using it. That aside, One good feature for this software is that you can run it from the portable drive. This is good for those who spend a lot of time using cafe computers and running the apps on someone elses computer. For such users this is really good software. They do have web based interface with iphone and blackberry apps. But not sure if there is web based app for the desktop syncing. So far i have not found the feature with this free edition of the my life organized. Anyway, just for those who are interested, here is the site - my life organized.

Just downloaded "All my notes organized" portable edition. I found it on give away of the day site. As per my time zone it was in offer. So i just grabbed it and validated the key. Once validation is done i can move this setup anywhere legally as per their offer. So this portable installer is good for application like this. As of writing this post there are still 8 hours left for the software to be downloaded so anyone who is into giveaway of the day fan can download this software which is deluxe edition for free. Check the site here. Just to let you know, this software is 100% free on that site and once offer expires you have to pay for the deluxe edition which is again cheap. But if you get it inside this offer then chances are there that you'll find a good deal for sure. Ok let me come back to the software review. Compared to the software explained in my earlier post, this software is much easy to use and has much better learning curve. It also has better features than "my life organized" and as an deluxe edition user i can say that it beats the free edition of the software by miles.

When you open this software you'll find that there is category in hierarchical order and you're supposed to add notes in node format. You can change text, skins and many other things in this note software. It also lets you minimize to system tray if you're working on some another program.It's text editor has all the rich editing features and you can also copy paste from web page and it'll preserve the HTML. You can store data of about 4GB and onwards. It works fine that way. I heard that it doesn't work with windows 7 for now. I don't know why it is not working on 64 bit edition of the OS. But if you're in that boat you can either use virtual machine or some other method to keep the software. This software has handy license and only requires one time installation and then you can move it to as many computers as you can using USB drive. That will surely work. So overall there are some handy features and it our smarts my life organized software. If you're not into "my life organized" software so far, you can choose this one as it is in offer for free.