xisto Community
loc

Do You Play An Instrument?

I play piano and have done since yr.5, im in yr.9 now. I kind of enjoy it, but it can be a bit of a drag. I hope to start some guitar lessons soon with some of my friends.

I play guitar. It is a good instrument. I am not good at music. I can't play a complete song until now, but I still love it. When I am happy, I play it, it spreads out my happy, When I am sad, I also play it, It reduces my pain.

It's always interesting for me to find how many people actually play an instrument.

Currently, I play the clarinet as my main instrument. I am learning to Oboe as well. I thought about taking on the English Horn a second instrument, but I hear that they don't get any of the solos and always are stuck playing background parts, so I sided with Oboes, which always get solos.

We just had a big band day sort of thing and put on a concert. I have two contests coming up this week. I'm playing a solo and in an ensemble! Wish me luck :lol:

68856[/snapback]

Good luck with your solo.

I started out with piano, played French Horn in band, then fell in love with the folk harp. If anyone else plays the harp and has a website for it, I'd be happy to link to you from my currently empty harp page. My Harp Page

Suz

In my high school days, I used to play the piano (outside of school) and the clarinet (music class and concert band). Nowadays, I'm lucky to play the piano every once in a while. While I'm on topic, I've always wanted to play guitar. I'd be happy playing acoustic guitar myself - as I could carry it along with me anywhere I go. As well, it would be a great instrument to have on hand at a campfire. (Synthesizers are great, but it's bloody difficult to carry around and there are no power plugs close by.)

yes, I do play an instrument!! I'm opbsessed with my violin, i've been at it for 6 years (right now i'm 12). I'm the second best in my orchestra, I can tell, there are only 2 7th graders in first violin and I'm one of them. Which makes me the second best out of 7th grade :lol:. But I don't take private lessons... must... take... private... lessons...anyways, I also play the piano but rarely. If you ask me to play a song, I just won't. I can't play piano right, i just toy around with it. But i use to take lessons

I played the clarinet in the school band for 6 years. (mainly marching). I enjoyed it a lot..and I was the president of the school music society then. Once I move to university, I don't have a chance to play seriously, which is a shame really. I also sing. I think your voice is the best instrument ever...because it's in yourself...and you don't have to carry anything with you to the band, or choir.And you can be ready to perform anytime. Having said that, if you are ill, singing is probably the worst thing to perform in. I know being ill do affect the performance of all instruments...but when your performance is singing, it can be really bad. :lol: Anyway, I play a Thai tranditional violin for about 10 yeears now..and I still have a chance to play it at uni. (in cultural night or international students night or etc.) :)

i usually played piano... but now i think i would prefer playing guitar.. :lol:Though currently im not playing any instrument at all.

I am playing acoustic guitar, I am no expert just enjoying to play songs like Wish you were here and other oldies goldies :D. I didn't took any music school, just bought a guitar one day and started picking strings. I like musicans like Bryan Addams, Chat Atkins, Vlatko Stefanovski, Eric Clapton, Dire Straits, Mark Knopfler and other. Corrs are good too, not just good great. Or maybe slovenian artist Vlado Kreslin. Great musicans and guitarists, just for my taste.

I play the guitar. Prefably the electric guitar. I have enjoy playing the electric guitar more then the acoustic. I started playing the guitar mostly because of my music which I listen to. Which of course is Rock, and blues. I like to try and play Classic Rock, Metal, and Blues. As of right now I can mostly play alot of Rage Against The Machine songs. My favorite three bands in order are: Led Zeppelin, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, and Pink Floyd. My three favorite guitar players in order though are: Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, and Tom Morello. Right now I currently use a Johnson JS-800 Electric Guitar. And I use a AC 120V~25W 60HZ Kustom Amp. I'm currently trying to save up money for probably a Gibson Angus Young Signature SG.

I play piano (closing in on 6 years), I sing, I play trombone (5 years), and I probably do something else musically that I can't remember right now.Oh yes. Whistling.

I play piano (closing in on 6 years), I sing, I play trombone (5 years), and I probably do something else musically that I can't remember right now.

Oh yes. Whistling.

171991[/snapback]

whahah *wow* instrument godess?

well I played the piano for 7 years. I started with classical *ofcourse* -_- but I began to hate that when Alicia Keys came on TV!!! :lol: She is soooo good! She really is an IDOL for me. So, I said I wanted to play her songs..and I did. I wanted to learn jazz too, but then I had to move to my dad's house. And my mom still has the piano. There's no room for it in here. So, that's why I quit, and I feel quiet sad bout it.