xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
infotron

How To Remove Bad Hard Disk Sectors

Well i run a computer servicing center and i have lots of bad sectors on hard drive can anybody tell me how to remove them i tried but failed many times , i have lots of hard drive with those bad sectors.well i uses some of tools named harddisk regenarator types and harddisk removal software types but they have fails to give any result please tell me what to do.

Well if bad sector recovery software fails then you probably need to create an backup of the current system to a new drive first, then attempt a complete format of the drive with bad sectors. Perhaps even try formatting it then running a live cd with sector recovery software on it to confirm the bad sectors have been removed and then restore the backup on the other drive. If that doesn't work however then you will just have to create a backup on a different drive and use the new drive until you have found a way of restoring the old one.I'm sure there is some software out there though that can deal with these bad sectors. Can you list the different software you have used?