xisto Community
eatbox

Quake 4 Previews Quake IV Game

Does anyone know of a site where i can look at some screenshots or previews of quake 4. Apparently its coming out early 2005 (Official Aus Xbox Magazine)any help would be appreciated.

What!? Quake 4? Man I'm out of the loop. I basicly thought that the new Doom was Quake 4. I still havn't even played that. Man I love Quake 3. Is there a new Unreal coming out sooner or later? Did you guys prefer the original unreal tournament or the newer unreal releases? I thoroughly enjoyed Unreal Tournament but though it was a bit slow compared to Quake, the bots set the standard though for AI opponents.

lol@corey, anyways there was a massive preview of it in PCZone (Uk) looking awesome i gtta say although i was wholey dissappointed with Doom 3 as they concentrated so much on graphics and lighting they forgot about the storyline :P, o well hopefully quake 4 will be alot better. Im also anticipating Unreal 3 which loooks soo coooool :D:D:D

What!? Quake 4? Man I'm out of the loop. I basicly thought that the new Doom was Quake 4. I still havn't even played that. Man I love Quake 3. Is there a new Unreal coming out sooner or later? Did you guys prefer the original unreal tournament or the newer unreal releases? I thoroughly enjoyed Unreal Tournament but though it was a bit slow compared to Quake, the bots set the standard though for AI opponents.

45033[/snapback]

Hi,

I'm just new to this thing,

I love everything about games, in fact i have been a game freak since I was 4 years old.

My uncles were addicted and while watching and learning from them, i got addicted too.

I know everything about all games and some that are coming out in the future too so if ya wanna know something, the right guy is here!

Yes, there is a new unreal tournament coming out around next year some time and its going to be called unreal tournament 2007.

The graphics looks awesome just like doom 3 so you're going to need a good graphics card to run the game. something with 128 ram and 256-bit graphics renderer.

I also know a lot of things about computers, software and hardware.

ya no y??? beacause of my uncles!

I want to make a web site all about games, cheats, computer hardware, computer trouble shooting and some gaming news.

There is also another awesome multiplayer game called battlefield 2.

you should check this out!

cya!

What can I say about Quake 4? The game itself is more like Doom 3, with its dark regions, bloody scenes which are not so suitable for younger players. Mostly I was looking forward to play multiplayer Quake 4, switching from kind of old Quake 3 Arena, but the thing is, Quake 4 lost a lot in speed. It is extremely slow, and I hope they will bring back drive and crazyness into Quake 4 as it used to be in q3. P.S lately heard they are currently working on mod for quake 4 speacilly for competition!

The screens for this game are un-real. I saw the box yesterday at game-stop, and it looks Amazing. I was addicted to Quake 2, now I think I need to pick up and XboX 360 for this game. Does it come to PC too? If it does, can you tell me how much it will cost me?

Yep it's out for PC - has been for at least a few months now. I know that in Australia it's about AU$89.95, so I'd guess in the US anywhere from $50 - 70, depending on what price bracket they want to target.Anyway, I've never played Doom 3, though my friends tell me it's rather similar, though graphically they've improved quite a bit in Quake 4, and it also lacks the cheap "jump out behind you" scares. I do have to admit it still is a bit freaky, but the lighting is superb, as are the textures, especially the metallic objects. The voice acting I noted as being rather good also - suprisingly, and I would say this Quake is definitely more focused on single player.As others have said though, a speed boost and some more "mayhem" would be nice for a multiplayer mod ;)