xisto Community
Ahsaniqbalkmc

Are There No Mycents For "how Tos And Tutorials"?

Yesterday I wrote a tutorial "How to hide control panel items". In the tutorial section, it is stated as a guideline that the posts there will only become live after they are approved by the moderators. My tutorial is live and you can see it here, which means the it has been approved by the moderators. Ironically, I am not seeing any increase in mycents. This is leading me to ask the question whether there is any value of these how tos and tutorials as far as mycents are concerned.

OK, it's slightly hard to follow the increase in MyCents depending how the sequence occurs.Let's say you have 30 MyCents at the beginning.Then you write a tutorial which is worth 50 MyCents.Then, your account will be updated to 80 MyCents when the batch jobs will finish crawling the forum (this can last several hours).Your tutorial is still not visible, but your credit is 80 MyCents.Then a moderator reads your tutorial and approves it. Your tutorial is now visible. However, nothing occurs on your credit balance : it has already moved from 30 to 80, it will stay to 80.And of course, if your tutorial is estimated being a spam or a copied text, the 50 MyCents previously granted will be removed, and your account can decrease to negative values.Concerning the topic you mentioned, the topic is visible, so everything is OK. Simply you did not see the credit increase, probably because you did not record the value before posting the topic.The trick is that the credit is granted at the topic creation, and not at the topic made visible.

Writting in tutorial section is one of the best way to earn MyCents.In other forum topics, we mostly express our opinions in briefly. We unlikely to write an article to response to a simple social conversation.In tutorial section, we share knowledges and experiences that not easy to be expressed within several sentence. For the time and efforts we input in the tutorial, we get reward of more MyCents-- of course if the tutorial is meaningful and helpful.