xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Xcdcc

Program Flow dialog problem

Hi,i have a quick question. I have a program that does alot of calculations near its completion. To indicate to the user that it is still working so they dont close it I have a dialog box with a progress bar pop up. when the dialog comes up, the regular execution of the original program stops until I close the dialog, so I was wondering if there is a way to tell the origianl program to keep running while the dialog is open(since the original program would be updating the progress metre).p.s. using MFC(not by choice)Thanks alot!

Well, when you're creating the dialog box, you're shifting the CPU resource to to dialog box. If I were writing it (because I'm lazy) I'd make it create some javascript and run msdos commands... but for practical purposes, could you show these parts of the source Xcdcc?

my best guess would be to create the dialog on a seperate thread that can still communicate with the main one. i'm not exactly sure how to do this, however, it would eliminate your problem. then, when your program starts calculating, a window would pop up, maybe with a progress bar or something (they look so cool) and then when it's finished tell the dialog box to close.hope i've been of SOME help :rolleyes:good luck!