xisto Community
Vistz

Android Application

Hey guys. I'm currently on break and I got bored the other day so I decided to make an Android application. It's basically an element converter.

For example: you can choose 2 moles of Oxygen. After pressing convert, you will have 2 moles of Oxygen converted in grams and atoms. The application is free to download off of the Android Market. The name of the application is "Element Converter" and it has the Gold symbol (Au) as its icon. I would love it if you guys could download it and give me some feedback on it. Here is a screenshot from the application:

Posted Image

Am I still sleeping, unable to open my eyes? I cannot see your application screenshot.

I can clearly see it now.Either the OP fixed it or you really was still sleeping. :P

I use Solution Calculator for the same purpose ( http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ ), also an Android app. It handles equivalents as well (for acid-base reactions) which I find handy for doing dilutions in either soap-making or dye baths. We raise sheep for wool and do some of our own dying; many common dye baths require an acid wash and the recipe may specify amounts in one acid, say 5% white vinegar and we may be using muriatic acid for a particular dye job or vice-versa.

Not to discourage your efforts; the basic concept is definitely handy. One useful feature would be an internal database of common commercial compounds at common dilutions.