xisto Community
kianosh_yazdani

When I Click On A Software,windows Restarts!

i have 7 and norton antivirus
now when i click on each software that i install in my pc, it doesnt work and say:

windows explorer has stopped working
windows is checking for a solution of the problem
windows explorer is restarting

pleaseeeeeeeeee helpppp me
what should i do????

Could you be more specific about what kind of software it is you are trying to open? This is far too vague to give you an accurate answer to. If you are trying to open a piece of software that uses IE as a gateway to the internet and it's colliding with a newer process in windows 7 then that could be causing the problem. Installing firefox and setting it as your default browser may amend this. If it is a problem with the current version of windows 7 you are using then maybe doing a system update will sort it out. If both of those fail then I suggest you download a copy of firefox and uninstall IE from your computer all together. Failing that we need more specific information.

If Internet Explorer still works, go to McAfee online scan page, and scan your PC in order to see if a virus (not detected by Norton) is responsible for that.

thanks very much,i went, but because my pc doesnt open no software or exe file,it cant open nedeed softwares so it cant scan!!!!

Try to boot from some LiveCD and check your computer's hard drive from here.If that does not suit you, well, re-install.I see no other way to solve it there.[propaganda]Or install Linux! :P[/propaganda]

I take it you can't open your virus scanner as well then. Try booting your computer up in safe mode (keep pressing F8 when you first turn it on until you get a command prompt with options, then select safe mode with no networking). Once it has booted up try opening your virus scanner anyway, if it opens don't start the scan yet. Hold down CTRL+ALT+DEL and click start task manager. Once it is open, click the processes tab along the top and scroll down to explorer.exe. Click on explorer.exe so it is highlighted and then press the end process button (making sure your virus scanner is still open). Now your menu bar at the bottom should dissapear and all windows will close as well. Go back to your virus scanner and start your scan. If it is something that is embedded deep in your operating system then this method should get rid of it. If you still can't access your virus scanner even in safe mode I recommend that you either roll back your computer to a point before the problems started happening or reinstall your operating system. You could use Qrntz suggestion and boot from a live cd however that usually isn't recommended for amateur users as you could seriously end up damaging your computer. Reinstalling your operating system is quite simple nowadays, most newer computers (such as dells) come with a ghost partition on the main drive which can wipe and restore your operating system within a few minutes. Others use a standard backup partition. To access a dells ghost partition you need to press F11 just after the initial boot screen, however you can only press it the once otherwise it won't work and it's tricky to get it at the right time.

Edited by 8ennett (see edit history)

thanks very much,i went, but because my pc doesnt open no software or exe file,it cant open nedeed softwares so it cant scan!!!!

try to run windows in safe mode
while booting press f8
then install system mechanic from iolo.com
i had same problem too now its solved :P

I found that iolo.com nice one.well nice recovery cd will do your word it will just overwriten(system files) the files and give you a pc as new to you.Well dont use any antivirus just(if you have a slow Processor) use onscreen keyboard when you are giving passwored thats it it will never be stolen.