xisto Community
FurryHead

Greetings, Humans

Hey everyone! I'm glad to have found Xisto, my old host (free) kept giving me warnings about resource usage going too high... I was using the WordPress wp-admin!!Anyway, about me: I'm a freelance software developer, I know Python, and am decent in Java, know a bit of PHP (just enough to tweak WordPress), and plan to learn C/C++ pretty soon. I like video gaming, writing games, software development, Linux, and good beta testers :P You'll probably see me most active in the software development forums, that's generally where my haven is. :P (that, and sitting at a linux terminal programming)The main reason I need a web host is for my website. I plan to create a website (or blog) to distribute my miscellaneous utilities I create. Also, I chose Xisto because you provide SSH access. <-- That will be a huge + for me, as I hate FTP. SSH is so much easier to manage things :o I have a question about your myCENTS program though, how does it tie with my account with Xisto - Support.com ? :P Thanks, and great service!

I have a question about your myCENTS program though, how does it tie with my account with Xisto - Support.com ? :P

Hi, FurryHead, welcome aboard. I'm pretty sure you will be fully satisfied here, because your hosting account is a standard paid account at Xisto, simply you don't directly give money, you give your time writing valuable topics or posting valuable answers to posts in your forum.
Your account at Xisto is directly tied with your Xisto - Support account. Simply take care when creating your Xisto - Support account, give exactly the same mail address as the mail address you provided when creating your Xisto account.
Then you will see the things progress automatically. Each time your reach 100 myCents, they will be converted into $1.00
You will receive see that this $1.00 will automatically appear on your Xisto account balance.
At any moment you can see the services you ordered, and when they are due, and at that moment you will see the corresponding amount being removed from your Credit account balance.
The only trick is at the very beginning, you have to post at least five interesting topics. Your topics will be reviewed and if they are detected being spams or useless or copied text, hosting will not be granted.
Please do not hesitate answering here if you need more detailed info's.
Regards
Yordan

Your account at Xisto is directly tied with your Xisto - Support account. Simply take care when creating your Xisto - Support account, give exactly the same mail address as the mail address you provided when creating your Xisto account.

Aaah. I was wondering how they tied together. Thankfully I did just that :P

Sorry I took so long to respond; I switched to Slax linux (under 200mb, with KDE!) and have been reconfiguring/reinstalling everything since... (pain, but worth it)

One other question: Can I run long-term scripts on the SSH account? It's not going to use much bandwidth (or CPU); All it'd be doing is receiving connections and sending back a version number (an auto-updater app; client connects to server, server tells client to update if server version > client version)

Thanks!

P.S.: I should be more active now that I've got most of my OS set back up. Still need to set up Code::Blocks, though :P