xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Qudex

What Are The Best Game Making Tutorials?

i am planning on starting an online browser based game (similar to syrnia.com and movoda.net) these types of games are unique in that you can play them mainly afk, as skill increase/crafting/gathering is timer based, it counts downrepeatedly with a bot check every so often.my knowledge of programming is basically non existant, i know a moderate amount of HTML, although i am hoping to learn actual programming languages.so to get to my point, which tutorials would be best to help me create a game similar to those mentioned above, because they are 2 out of only 3 that are around and work in that way.please help.Q.

Not sure which other language you want to mix, for example flash, HTML 5 or javascript etc ? If you're new then spend some time with Flash or with HTML 5. I'm sure there are plenty of games tutorial for 2D browser based games. If not then you can always start from scratch and then move on to do your own way.

There are some language frameworks that can help you get more out of MMORPG or 2D if that is what you want from the browser based engines.

My personal opinion is to start with HTML 5 or flash whichever is good for your needs. If flash is all you want then by all means go for it.

good place to start to learn programming is w3schools.com there is alot of information there. basic platform for movy and syrnia is pardio wars game engine i believe. what i seen of it looks very similar to them.