xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Joshthegreat

An Edit Button It would be nice.

I've noticed that there is no edit button for our posts, this is really frustrating if we make a mistake with out posts and have to double post to correct it. It says in the rules that there is one, but looking around for about 3 minuites, I cant find one. What's with that?

there's another post somewhere about this... the edit button was taken out because ppl abused it by posting (copy and paste) a huge article to gain hosting credits and then edit it before the Mod can see it

Which ppl would do that? I just post the honest way! :D Btw, i've n oticed there is a fastreply sometimes and sometimes no fastreply button? What's up with that? Because fast reply is way easier and quicker than add reply. Not a major problem but it's easier :)

Which ppl would do that?  I just post the honest way! :D  Btw, i've n oticed there is a fastreply sometimes and sometimes no fastreply button?  What's up with that?  Because fast reply is way easier and quicker than add reply.  Not a major problem but it's easier  :)

68225[/snapback]

Yea, I was wondering that too. At first I thought only long threads let you fast reply, but then I saw a short one with it as well... so it's kinda confusing... or maybe it just varies from forum to forum, some has it, some don't

I still don't like the edit button being out. Well sure double posting give you more credits but you can also consider it spaming if you post the same think only to change the sentence or the link direction.There are alot of people who did it before that copied pages and just posted them here.

One thing I like to do with a post go back and links to further references later on. If there is no edit but I simply am not going to take the time to do this upfront. The solution to the abuse problem is simple. Base the credits on what the uses have posted currently. Not what they posted on there initial posts. I sincerely hope that the administrators will implement these changes in the near future.

The thing is Member post a huge news paper article and then get credits. After that, they simply edit it and make a normal 2 line post. So they get the credits and escape.