xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
miki66

Wired And Wireless Connections With Different Browsers

I have wired and wireless connection on my desktop PC. Also I'am using IE7 and Firefox on the same PC. Is there any way to make IE7 to use the wired and Firefox to use wireless connection only?

Well, as I know browsers usually take the connection which is better, at least a browser somehow thinks it's better or maybe it's something to do with the OS, I mean Windows for example.

Most of browsers has different Proxy settings, so theoretically you can use something like Privoxy from http://www.privoxy.org/ install it as a proxy program and through Network change browser proxy settings to use lets say your computer 127.0.0.1 with port lets say 8585 and on that port to connect to wireless only, I think it's something advanced user could do, I don't know if it's possible to something like that with Privoxy that it would forward to use wireless connection only somehow.. But I think it isn't impossible, depends on Windows too? never tried it, I try to turn off wireless whenever I plug in a wire into my laptop. :D