xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

How to send sensitive data like password with GET method Submiting Form Data To "file.php?action=login"

How to send sensitive data like password with GET methodSubmiting Form Data To "file.php?action=login"

I have been asked in an interview that "How could you send a password with GET method". I have answered obviously if I am sending the data with GET method it will be shown in the URL, causing insecurity to the system, normally I use method POST for keeping data hidden from other user. But the interviewer want me to tell  how could I send the data with GET method and not being seen by anybody else. I said possibly we could encrypt it and send. But he said is there any other way other than encrypting. I was not able to answer that. Could anybody please help me to get this question answered properly.

Thanks

Regards,

Sanjay S Nair

-question by Sanjay S Nair