xisto Community
takerraj

Fedora 11 Is Out!

I want to know more about the fedora and what are the new features that it will providing to us...and in terms of security how beneficial it is...

thankx in advance....

Fedora is major linux distro like Ubuntu. Fedora 11 is easy to use. I used it. Liked it. It is fast and light and as usual the security is very good as it will be on all linux systems.

I took a look at at the fedora page and must say Fedora 11 looks promising. I will probably download it later.

I liked this addition

MinGW (Windows cross compiler) - Fedora 11 provides MinGW, a development environment for Fedora users who wish to cross-compile their programs to run on Windows without having to use Windows. In the past developers have had to port and compile all of the libraries and tools they have needed, and this huge effort has happened independently many times over. MinGW eliminates duplication of work for application developers by providing a range of libraries and development tools already ported to the cross-compiler environment. Developers don't have to recompile the application stack themselves, but can concentrate just on the changes needed to their own application.

For ashish17 the release notes are easily available from their web site.

--Edited because my typing is poopy.
Edited by Darasen (see edit history)

Fedora 11 installation not working on Dell Precision T2400 64 bitFedora 11 Is Out!

The title says it all. Basically, the Live CD method hangs at the partition formatting stage. Attempting to boot from an installation DVD hangs on boot. You took out the boot.Iso file, so I can't burn a bootable CD and install from a DVD image on a USB diskdrive (the fastest method of past Fedora installs). Are you trying to kill Fedora and Get us to use Ubuntu? If so, you have a damned good head start on it! (Sysadmin with 20 years of experience in Unix and 15 years of experience with linux systems.) 

-feedback by John Stockwell