xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sean

Hummers...

...drive me @!%!& crazy. Why on earth would anyone living in the suburbs need to drive a humvee transport to soccer practice?! As if gas prices weren't high enough... ($2.15/gal where I live) I know that the car is a status symbol and it looks cool and blah blah, but you could buy so many other high-end cars for the $50,000+ you plunk down for one those monsters. Hopefully you could find something that gets more than 5 miles per gallon...

Its a status symbol, they are so ugly in my opinion, big brooding rectangular boxes, makes up for something they may be lacking perhaps :D I see lots of them downtown in my city, roaming up and down Yonge Street, its the main street in Toronto. In the summer its worse, they hang out the windows and honk their horns at the women, myself included makes my eyes roll. :)

The new ones are stupid... Hummers where made to go off road, and the new one probably wont get very far off road stock, although probably better off than most SUV's. The old ones are cool and all, just not to drive around town with music blarring.... The new ones are like boxes on wheels... 'Cept they way 1.5 tons..

They are a waste of gas but they probably would be fun to drive. Maybe some day I will get a smart car lol. I think trucks are bad on gas in general.

I do not like any of the hummers. I think that they are ugly boxes like the scion and the honda element. and the fact that they use way to much gas is another problem. there is only one person that I kno of that has a hummer that gets 15 miles to the gallon. That would be Arnold. The governer of California.

if you drive a SUV and it's not a V8, you're stupid. Sport Utility Vehicles were made to be on the offroad, not the new minivan. Oh well. I can't say my family didn't own a SUV once. But I used it as a sport vehicle. I took it offroad. Unfortunately, I proved that Ford Explorers are not designed to go offroad.Then a couple of weeks later, I proved it wasn't made fit for the road. - totaled.

I think they're ugly to. When I see them I always assume that the person goes offroading in them. I prefer trucks for offroading though. If I wanted a car to show off how much money I have or what ever I would by a cool car. Not an ugly box.

Well, I think they look cool. My only beef is the cost and the gas. I wonder how good they are off road because they aren?t the same thing the military drives. Well, we are at it what does everyone thing of monster trucks? Personally I am not a fan. Although they might be good for getting though deep snow.

Actually when those suckers are modified like crazy and you stick a nice sound system in it, it rocks....But me personally, a close to new driver, am looking for the best affordable truck (cars suck) and have come to the conclusion that the chevy S-10 is the best truck to get and the best looking truck when modified.....So everytime I get spare cash it goes into customizing the truck....I dont think its sad people spend money on those vehicles because if you think about it, those hummers will save you in any situation of a wreck unless you and a semi gets into it....Those trucks are built to be tough and rolll on.

WTH? I love hummers, bullet resistant windows/tires, mine resistant, i've argued with my friends about that and they say:"When will you ever need that?", if you're in a dangerous situationm.. Plus its a really good car and protects you better than any other high-class priced car like a bmw. And it's COOL! I like the h1 though. In holland a hummer is priced at around 90,000, what dumbasses i mean, there's road tax oil; tax yaddayyadda you know. Hummer beats all.