xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
buherath

3drealms Closes!

Who has played Duke Nukem 3D???? It is one of the oldest 3d game ever created in 1996(not sure) by 3DRealms. The final game of them is still pending release. It is been 12 years since the release of the Duke Nukem 3d game. And now on the verge of releasing their final Duke game, Duke Nukem Forever, they close the company!!! Reasons are that they are in a budget crisis. Just visit 3drealms forums and you can see their members screaming and protesting. those guys have been members of that forums for almost 12 years since the release of the original Duke 3D game.Some believe that it is more of a publicity stunt. They could release the game and open the company again saying "3DR to close, only one man can save the day... and he's all outta gum!".Overall, there is been many talk all over the net about this issue. I mean no company is mad enough to close it self before releasing their final product. Even after knowing that many people have waited 12 years to play the new game. I too think it is done to get more publicity.Any more news on this is very much appreciated.

Well that game was one of the major reasons why 3DRealms closed, the new Duke Nukem game was always postponed and delayed and because of that not many new games came from that company. As for a publicity stunt, unlikely, however, it would seem they are still keeping the website and a store going on to be able tp purchase the games, but as to who the money actually goes to that is unknown to me and stuff.