xisto Community
yordan

Infrarecorder very disappointed

I gave a try to InfraRecorder, the portable version you can get here http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ seemed to be very interesting : you have the software on your USB stick, so you can burn anywhere, even if your friend's PC does not have a decent burning software installed.

InfraRecorder perfectly burned my data on a CD, I was able to read it from another computer without problem.

However, coming back to my own computer I had a bad surprise : Vista was unable to read any media, CD nor DVD : it asked me to format the blank DVD ! I had data, I was able to read them on other computers, but not any more on mine !

I fixed the thing when I used Nero to burn another CD, Nero fixed the wrong things and my device was back to work and was able to read my DVD's again.

So, very useful to have your own burning software, but remember that it can destroy your friend's burner ! :mellow: