xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
crystal

Against Japan against any motion or procedure to grant Japan the sta

About five millions people signed to against to grant Japan the status as a permanent member of the United Nations Security Council .

We, the undersigned, strongly urge you to speak out and vote against any motion or procedure to grant Japan the status as a permanent member of the United Nations Security Council . As the aggressor in World War II, Japan committed numerous atrocities in its neighboring countries, and destroyed and looted an astronomical amount of properties. Recent discoveries have revealed its systematic slaughtering of prisoners of war and tens of millions of innocent civilians, from newborn to elderly, during those years. Its government and parliament have never formally acknowledged its wrongdoing, offered official apologies to those who suffered immensely, or provided adequate reparation to compensate its victims, including the hundreds of thousands women forced into sexual slavery, nearly a million died in its biochemical experimentations and battlefield deployments in violation of the Geneva Convention, or the Allied prisoners of war butchered, brutalized and enslaved. Japan thus far shows no remorse of its past misdeeds, refuses to repent, and appears to be untrustworthy. The international community can not and must not designate such state to seat on the Security Council which is chartered to safeguard and maintain regional and world peace and justice.

IF you agree with my option!
Plese sign !
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Notice from snlildude87:
Please do not copy and paste articles from the Internet without using the quotes BBCode. I have given you a warning for this.

Edited by snlildude87 (see edit history)

Hiroshima?  Internment camps?

67636[/snapback]

Hiroshima was one of the 2 places that the US bombed in Japan with the atomic bomb. The other place was Nagasaki. Back then, the only solution to end World War II was to bomb Japan because their military and navy force were so powerful, and they did not seem to run out of endurance.

Internment camps were the place that the US government sent Japanese-Americans to because they were simply scared. After World War I, Americans did not like anybody who were not native born (immigrants). One of the reasons for this is because immigrants took away potential jobs that Americans could have had. During the World War II era, however, Americans were against Japanese-Americans and any other immigrants because they thought those people were spies. This goes back to the Red Scare era where Americans feared Communism, so the American government sent a lot of Japanese-Americans to internment camps where they had to leave all their possessions behind. These camps have often been compared in history as the American version of the Nazi concentration camps because of the horrendous conditions. After World War II, many Japanese Americans returned to find their homes and property foreclosed. Internment camps during World War II is definately a black-eye in American history.

agree with you

this a serious affair to everyone whos country have been agressed by japan.despite it is not the fault of japanese people generally.after all,japan lost the bell in WorldWar II,as an agressor.we could not stand that Japan could be the status as a permanent member of the United Nations Security Council.we will be against for ever. we love peace!

The United Nations is not about making states repent for actions that happened decades ago at the behest of former leaders. The United Nations is all about fair representation in the global community. Japan is a powerful nation, and very influential in the world economy. Why shouldn't it have a say in matters that affect it?I'm guessing that the original author of this thread is either Chinese or Korean. Why else would someone hold such a grudge?

there's no doubt that japan committed very serious crimes 50+ years ago - some of the most serious in modern history. times have changed quite a bit though - and japan is now a free country without it's oppresive emporor systems.it's time to forget about what they've done in the past - it was a completely different era. The US, which is responsible for defending Japan today, is considering pulling it's forces from Japan and let them manage their own defence. The problem, though, is that their constitution only allows them to have peacekeeping forces, not a real military (which is why you see Japan Peacekeeping in Iraq, not Japan Military)They are no longer a threat, unless the world continues to put Japan on the back burner and their economy goes up in smoke. Then anything can happen (as with any country).

United Nations as the name indicates should live upto what it stands for. No one should allow it to become the means in which US controls the whole world in the name of the UN. Though I support US in many matters but for permanent security members I think it will be good to have a powerful nation like Japan as one of the members after all Japan is the second biggest economy in the world at present. Besides, Japan is not a threat to any nations. As much as US is to many nations Japan too can be a threat if we speak in that term. In fact, US would have liked Japan to become one of the members so that at the highest level US will have more friends. Not only Japan, countries like India, Brazil also should join the security council and neutralize the council more.

I agree with you 100%, eitel. Very well said.This whole topic is reminiscent of a debate we had in sociology about whether the United States should make a formal apology to African-Americans for slavery.

I actually don't agree with you, that was 50-60 years ago, I think Japan has the rights to be with the UNSC since we're all humans, and if we need peace, we can all help each other. Thanks to the Linux community that taught me that.xboxrulz

You speak as if they are the only ones ever to make chemical weapons. What anout the Germans? I seem to recall them starting that in WWI and continued using it into WW2, where they made weapons solely to injure civilians (V1 and V2 rockets) Not only that but the U.S. did far worse by completing the atom bomb. What those citezens endured is unacceptable seeing as they mistreated a fighing enemy and we slaughtered countless civilians. Needless to say the only reason pearl harbor was such a disaster is because, even though they gave their declaration of war late, we ignored all the signs that were there. The intercepted messages that came late due to our unorganized chain of command, the japanese sub that was sunk just outside the harbor before the attack, and the ignored information from the radar of unknown incoming planes. The japanese had done nothing but give a late message, the rest was our fault. and the torture part is little compared to what the germans, who we seem to trust fine, did to the jews in the concentration camps. The fact of the matter is, that Japan is now the most crime free country in the world and we need their advice. You may not agree with it, but they have made ammends and shown their trustworthiness. I think that your arguement of the atrocities has not gone unnoticed, but we killed countless more of their civilians and all this after we defeated their greatest naval vessels. What little they had left they had no fuel for. They may fight dirty to stay ahead, but we kick them when they are down.

About five millions people  signed to against  to grant Japan the status as a permanent member of the United Nations Security Council .

IF you agree with my option!

Plese sign !

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Notice from snlildude87:
Please do not copy and paste articles from the Internet without using the quotes BBCode. I have given you a warning for this.

67632[/snapback]

is this your own song?u should upload the files that the music u sing!!

Notice from NilsC:
This is my song! Comment's like this is not accepted behavior. Your posting rights are suspended.