xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rnd-am

Does Anybode Listen About Wifi-802.11s Support Devices? mesh networking

Does anybode listen about Wifi-802.11s supporting devices? I'd found that it is implemented in XO-1 and probably would be in XO-2 OLPC laptops, allowing the network to be established and router automatically set one of theem amongst the netbooks connected by this special version of 802.11 protocolOr, it maybe doesn't have sense for ordinar laptops?

I can't find anything about it on wikipedia, looking at olpc2.

Oh, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.11s isn't linked as part of .11. Sounds good, a step towards mites and so on, though still mac and ip based, heavy.

I'm not sure on the use of it really, lan gaming? Even then, why not .11n, probably higher throughput at the reasonable cost of some power.

What are the "mites"?Primary use of it, of mesh networking I mean, as I understand it, at least, is independence of single laptop in overall mesh, they could arrive to and depart from network, while network will continue to work without one selected access point.Compared to that 802.11n is just another quick wifi :mellow: