xisto Community
cartune

How Does It Work?

Hi everyone. I'm familiar with making websites using HTML and XHTML, but i've never registered for an ad program. I'm highly interested but i'm not sure how it works. Is there an age requirement? Like you have to be over 18? Does it require a credit card or giving away bank information? Does the ad automatically count each click or do you have to use some scripting or such? is there a specific area where you have to post the ad? please helpthanx

I guess that there is no problem for earning virtual money with ads.However, you probably cannot obtain real dollars if you don't have a real bank account, which is the case if you are too young for managing your own money.Such is life : if you are too young, you may be smart enough and be able to earn money, but you can not physically get it. The reason is that young people are supposed to go to school, and not work for earning money.

Is there an age requirement? Like you have to be over 18?

Well, it differs from one ad-provider to the next. But generally, yes, you need to be over 18 years old to apply for these programs.

Does it require a credit card or giving away bank information?

No, they don't require either of these, although some programs give you the option of supplying your bank account information so that they can wire-transfer your earnings to your bank account directly. Most of the time, however, they just mail you a monthly check.

Does the ad automatically count each click or do you have to use some scripting or such?

By and large, these programs work by supplying you with a simple script that you copy and paste into the pages of your website where you want the ads to appear. Other than that, the script itself automatically handles all the tracking.

is there a specific area where you have to post the ad?

There are some general guidelines and terms of use that each ad-provider has. Other than those, ad placement is mostly a matter of optimization, so you don't really have to post an ad within a specific area.