xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tansqrx

Yahoo! Messenger 9.0.0.2112 Released

An updated version of Yahoo! Messenger, version 9.0.0.2112 (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/), was released on January 12, 2009. The latest release includes some bug fixes, changes to the message typing notification, easier SPAM reporting, and a new offline messages window. More information can be found at the Official Yahoo! messenger Blog (https://yahoomessenger.tumblr.com/).

I don't know why, but I never really used those messengers which are separate, msn, yahoo, I'm just using all in one with Pidgin, earlier known as GAIM and I am quite satisfied with it's simplicity or am I missing lots of features? :mellow: for not using 3 programs instead of 1? :|

I tend to run Windows Live Messenger by itself because I get full features. Especially since I do technical support, I need Remote Assistance.I also run Skype, but there aren't good 3rd party alternatives for that anyways.xboxrulz

Quatrux, yes you are missing a few features but nothing in the basic set. I use Pidgin also for one of my accounts and it serves me well. I like Pidgin because I am using it to communicate with my website and by that very nature I don’t know all of the weird things (exploits, viruses, etc) that will get thrown at me. I feel safer with Pidgin because it is not the official client and harder to exploit.On Yahoo! Pidgin does not support webcam, voice, or chat rooms which are some of the biggest features. You are also missing out on the IMviroment and some of the cheesier features. If Pidgin works I wouldn’t switch.