xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Final)arkJon

Ipod Q

hey i just got an ipod, and i was reading around about pros/cons of the ipod. someone pointed out that the ipod is dependant on ID3 info, and not the file name.. so if i have a mp3 named "metallica - one.mp3", but it has no id3 info, then the ipod will not display a song name while im playing it..TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORTi need a program that will go through my mp3s and look for ones that have no id3 info, and then set its id3 information to the info that is in the file name.if anyone knows of a program like this, it would be awsome if you could hook me up

Well not necessarily the ipod, most harddisk mp3 players (even some flash) i'll also use the zen touch as an example they use id3 tages, this is way more convenient though. Well, i'll point you in the direction of a really useful one ive been using for a while:
JJ MP3 RENAMER
It's free software but it's excellent. Let's say you have files like this:
01 - Fat People - The food song.mp3
02 - Crazy People - The insanity song.mp3
You go to the bottom right box and click filename to id3 tag. Then you do the setting:
*Track - *Artist - *Title. Well, depending on how the filename is. You can also just to *Artist - *Title. But first they all need to be in the same filename format before you can batch do this. I'd reccomend you use flashrenamer - it's shareware but it's really good (i'm using trial), you can batch rename a zillion files or remove any excess periods or dashes so they're all the same format - you can find and replace characters etc just research it. But, in windows if all your songs are the same artist, just select em --> right click --> properties and then summary --> advanced and type in the artist and year and album this will apply it to all of them. But then you'll have to separately do it for the songs. I still reccomend jj mp3 renamer + flashrenamer. Hope this helps you :)!