xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Please Review My Design For A Self Cert Mortgage Company

I'd have to say that the actual design itself looks pretty good. Ignoring the fact that I know nothing about mortgages (although plenty about loans...grrr...) the site has a consistent layout that has a professional edge, although it's just "cluttered" enough (i.e. the fairly large number of adverts and boxes generally scattered about the place) to put me off. I'm not sure exactly what it is that's wrong with it as such, but maybe the fact that the width of the columns, as well as their order, seems to change between pages? I appreciate that each page has different content to show, but perhaps keeping the thinner column to the right, for instance, might make it a little more appealing?Aside from that, I've noticed that some of the pages are HTML Transitional and others are XHTML Transitional. Nothing wrong with that as such (it's hardly going to break your site), but having some sort of consistency in the document types will likely help later on when you're updating certain parts of it. Just a suggestion...Hope this helps!