xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tpog

Ask An Open Question 404 (and A Confused Noob)

Came across a forum post recommending Xisto and was intrigued by the credit system so thought I'd sign up.

First issue was on the http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ page, "ask an Open Question" linking to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ gets a 404 Not Found error.

Second, was trying to forum search "ask an open question" or "question 404" fails as the words need to be 4 characters, so I've no idea whether this is a known problem that's already been reported.

Now I've signed up, I'm bombarded with loads of forums & subforums and I'm not sure where I'm supposed to post to get my credits, do I need to contribute in computers & technology? I'm presuming I don't get any credit for this!

Apologies if I come across as negative in my first post, I don't mean to be, just confused what to do now!

Credit system was the old and I can say current system which I think works, but in fact doesn't do anything anymore, the new system is MyCENT system, you can post on the forums and get Cents for it and later order a package when you have at least ~1.99$ of myCENTs, when posting you'll see after several posts a myCENTS text will appear beneath your avatar, if you're here for hosting and domains, then ignore the credit system and continue with posting and you'll get everything what you need, read the announcements forum and in all forums except the ones which says no post count or something like that you get myCENTS for posting. :rolleyes:

You need atleast 5 posts so that mycents appears, you also need to sign up at xisto with the same email you signed up here. Note that you can make an acount at Xisto with the same emal and you can gain mycents from both forums(it is legal). It might take up to 4 hours for your mycents to update due to security issues since mycents is pretty much considered as real money. If you are planning on a forum only website i suggest the logical plan with no extras, 1k MG space and 10GB of bandwitch should be enough. But if you are making a photo hosting site or a site with alot of downloads/graphics i suggest getting more BW. If you have any more questions concerning the way mycents work feel free to ask, if you have a question about hosting services it might be better to submit a ticket at Xisto before asking here. I submitted several tickets and they respond in <24 hours.

Edited by khalilov (see edit history)