xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
khalilov

Acount Unavailable

I put an email on my site for people to contact me incase they have any suggestions, apparently someone found that it would be fun to input random inputs as my password to try to login into that email. Now iam getting this:

Your account is temporarily unavailable
You've tried to sign in too many times to this account. A temporary delay helps prevent people from trying to guess your password.

Click Cancel and sign in later, or reset your password now.

I reset my password to fix it, but this guy or someone other than him might to do it again, i know this is for my protection but can i disable this from my email acount settings?

You really shouldn't be getting that error. Most good email providers should be checking for multiple access attempts from the same ip address, and if the person trying to hack your email doesn't have the same ip as you, the email service provider shouldn't block you. That's a problem of the service provider's, so you might want to try contacting them either through a different email or through phone (if they're a large enough company). If course, it's possible that you are on a shared network and someone else on your network is trying to access your account. In that case, if you have a home network at home or can otherwise get internet access (say through a public library or internet cafe), log on from there and see if things work out. HOWEVER, I would be careful about logging into your email through a public access point, since it's easy for people to install keyloggers there. Logging on through your home network is definitely optimal.Finally, take your email off the site and don't ever post your email address out in the open like that again. I'd suggest that you switch emails, because since this email has already been compromised, there's always going to be someone making attempts at hacking it and very little you can do about it. Before you change emails, just let everyone you know who still emails you there to email you at a different email. Pretty simple. Afterwards, don't give out your email to anything but trusted sources.I'm also pretty sure you can't disable the setting, because most email service providers insist on protecting you. Of course, this does depend on the provider, so you should check with them rather than with me. But this is all a good reason just to change to a new email to avoid the hassle.Good luck.

Most probably, you are using a shared internet connection. I can say it because most email providers of today do scan the ip address of the person who is attempting to log in to your account repeatedly. If this is the case, I can't think of any solution for this however i might share with you some strategies to remain safe on the internet.You mentioned that you posted your email address on your website so that users can contact you and bless you with their valuable suggestions. I want to tell you that this is not a good idea. I have two reasons to back my statement. Number one: People don't like to sign in to their email account and then type the your email address in the send queue and then type the message they wanted to send you. Even if someone does this hard work to give you his suggestion, he might have forgot the message in the mean time. So you need to make it simple for the users to contact you and just displaying your email address for this purpose is not a good idea in my opinion.Number two: Many programs are built to catch email addresses from the web so that the marketing offers and spam advertisement messages can be sent to the users directly. By posting your email address directly, you are running at a high risk to be affected by such spammy things. You should never post your primary email address directly anywhere on the web.So what you can do to receive suggestions from your users?The answer is that you can create a form that your users will fill while being on your website and send it to you by just one click. In this way not only your email address will be safe from abused by spammy messages but your visitors will be happy as well because in this way they can send you thier message directly. They don't need to sign in to their email account and send you the message from there. It also gives you a control on what type of data you need from your users. You can set fields like name, country, age etc in the form and make your user fill them by stating that they are compulsory.